Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

NYCfan

Re: "My Feed" = Not Working

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:12 am

Has anyone else discovered that they can no longer remove an item from the Feed? The listing of available sources used to contain an option for "Unfollow", but on both my Roku units, that has disappeared. I can add new items, but I can't delete anything.

Pompey

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:11 pm

NYCfan wrote:
Has anyone else discovered that they can no longer remove an item from the Feed? The listing of available sources used to contain an option for "Unfollow", but on both my Roku units, that has disappeared. I can add new items, but I can't delete anything.

I have seen that issue only with TV shows; not with movies.  Otherwise, My Feed has been FUBAR for weeks now, for all the reasons that many, including me, have posted since the "enhancement" event.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill

NYCfan

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Pompey wrote:
NYCfan wrote:

I have seen that issue only with TV shows; not with movies.  Otherwise, My Feed has been FUBAR for weeks now, for all the reasons that many, including me, have posted since the "enhancement" event.

I'm seeing it with everything -- TV, movies, actors, etc.

Pompey

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm

NYCfan wrote:

I'm seeing it with everything -- TV, movies, actors, etc.

More objective proof that My Feed is in dire need of some technical forensics.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill

NYCfan

Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 am

Pompey wrote:

Agreed.

I've stumbled on a workaround. If you search for an item that is already in your feed, and then select it, the option to "unfollow" will show up in the list of currently available streaming options. Makes no sense, but that's how it appears to be working at the moment.

rjdriver

Mon May 01, 2017 11:56 am

NYCfan wrote:
Pompey wrote:

Agreed.

I've stumbled on a workaround. If you search for an item that is already in your feed, and then select it, the option to "unfollow" will show up in the list of currently available streaming options. Makes no sense, but that's how it appears to be working at the moment.

You unfollow the same as you follow.  Find what you want to unfollow in the movie or TV section of items available to follow, click the Options button (*) and the unfollow choice will be there.  Having never tried My Feed until just after it was taken down for maintenance recently, I don't know if that's the way it used to work, but it might be a little quicker than using search.  A handy thing for Roku to implement would be a "long" click on the OK button, which could bring a up a context menu with options appropriate for whatever was selected at the time. 
     But I am more disappointed that My Feed can no longer be used partly as a "Favorites" menu for things that have no updates or status changes.  
LG 42" 1080, Sony S550 Blu Ray, Pioneer VSX 512S, Harmony One, Roku 3-wired, Fire TV Stick, FlircUSB, 30Mb, Antenna. Coventry RI, USA

NYCfan

Tue May 02, 2017 3:31 pm

rjdriver wrote:
     You unfollow the same as you follow.  Find what you want to unfollow in the movie or TV section of items available to follow, click the Options button (*) and the unfollow choice will be there.  Having never tried My Feed until just after it was taken down for maintenance recently, I don't know if that's the way it used to work, but it might be a little quicker than using search.  A handy thing for Roku to implement would be a "long" click on the OK button, which could bring a up a context menu with options appropriate for whatever was selected at the time. 
     But I am more disappointed that My Feed can no longer be used partly as a "Favorites" menu for things that have no updates or status changes.  

You used to be able to "unfollow" any item in your feed by just selecting it. The option to "unfollow" would appear in the list of available sources. Simple and fast.

lyprulz

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

Any hope of this being fixed in the upcoming major update?

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:34 pm

lyprulz wrote:
Any hope of this being fixed in the upcoming major update?

Roku generally doesn't announce new features/bug fixes until they happen, so we have no idea. 

Deviancy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:09 pm

For the record, "My Feed" seems to have gotten "weirder" since the 8.0 firmware update, at least on my player so I'd advise not doing the manual update for a few days.

Deviancy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:12 pm

I forgot to mention that this impacts the Premiere and the Roku 2.  

I'm sending back the Premiere I got today, the thing idles at 78c and even the Roku tech was like "send it back".  All three Premiere's I've tried idle in the mid to late 70's, no clue why.

Beckyfroks

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks for the work around. It worked for TV Shows and Movies alike. Just searched for something already in feed then got the option to "Unfollow".

Deviancy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 pm

I forgot all about following things on the Roku, nothing to follow atm.

Is it still working the same?

MamaNooby

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 am

This is a major frustration for me too. I have a streaming stick +. When I click on a movie in my feed it shows channel options AND an unfollow button. When I click on a TV show, the channel options are there but no unfollow button.

I will try the workaround that others have suggested but this is an inconvenience that I expect would have a relatively easy fix.