Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

NItroTech

Re: Is Roku Ever Going to Fix the DTS Audio Sync Bug?!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 am

Logged a complaint with the audio sync issues a while back. I have a Roku Ultra and just updated to firmware 8.0 this morning. Audio sync issue still exist and I've tried multiple audio settings. I've seen complaints about this since January 2017. When are you going to fix this Roku?

When I think about how long this issue has existed I'm beginning to believe there's a hardware issue that's the problem. Honestly, how could they not fix a sync problem and let it go on for nearly a year? When I talked to them, they are aware, something fishy is going on.

interconnect

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:34 am

NItroTech wrote:
Logged a complaint with the audio sync issues a while back. I have a Roku Ultra and just updated to firmware 8.0 this morning. Audio sync issue still exist and I've tried multiple audio settings. I've seen complaints about this since January 2017. When are you going to fix this Roku?

When I think about how long this issue has existed I'm beginning to believe there's a hardware issue that's the problem. Honestly, how could they not fix a sync problem and let it go on for nearly a year? When I talked to them, they are aware, something fishy is going on.

Totally agree.  I thought the same thing. I’m thinking it’s class-action lawsuit time. Time to lawyer up Roku!
Last edited by interconnect on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lipsnosync

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:14 pm

I have  Roku Premier + and have tried every imaginable setting to try to resolve the lip sync problem with this device.  Nothing has worked.   Tried all the audio settings.  Removed optical cable and tried another connection.   Changed sound to be from tv only and to a receiver only and both.  Didn't work.  Tried the settings as another user posted ie
"HDMI and S/PDIF settings from 'Auto' to 'Dolby Digital, DTS," this did not work either, though a tad better.  I have a 114 mb/sec internet connection.   Have two new Rokus, each on a separate network from same router.  Both Roku's experience the same problem.  I updated software to 8.0.   It seems to be an innate Roku problem.  Please, engineers, fix this problem.  Thanks. 

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Those of you who are experiencing this issue, are you connected through a receiver?  If so, what happens with audio sync if connected directly to the TV (bypass the receiver completely)?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

zolotoiy

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Not all TVs can decode DTS so you get silence there.

lipsnosync

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:07 pm

I tried disconnecting the optical cable from the tv to receiver, set the sound on samsung tv for tv speaker only, thus the receiver is not connected.   Unfortunately, the same problem persists.  

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks.  I see we have a bug filed for this, but I don't know what the status is on it yet.  I'll ping a few people today about it.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

Keenan

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:57 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
Thanks.  I see we have a bug filed for this, but I don't know what the status is on it yet.  I'll ping a few people today about it.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 pm
Yes, every post is read.

No, we cannot comment on potential and/or ETAs on when a bug will be fixed.

I'm sorry I can't give any more information about this issue at this time.  It IS being investigated.

C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

interconnect

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:44 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
Those of you who are experiencing this issue, are you connected through a receiver?  If so, what happens with audio sync if connected directly to the TV (bypass the receiver completely)?

Yes, using a receiver.  My TV doesn't support DTS so I can't try connecting directly to TV.  Have tried two different receivers, using both optical and HDMI for the audio, and have the same audio sync issue with both receivers.  Have been using the Plex app with files in .mkv container with h.264 video and standard DTS 5.1 audio.  Can provide of video of the issue if you'd like.

cocokola

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:30 pm

I've had the same issue with the ultra plus through receiver - again because that is the only way to listen to DTS.  What is especially annoying is whenever I pause, fast forward, rewind etc, I have to re-sync the audio by adjusting the audio delay EACH   AND    EVERY    TIME.     It negates making the product "toaster-oven friendly for my wife"  

lipsnosync

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 am

RokuShawnS 
   Can you tell us if there is anything new or positive on the horizon regarding the sound delay issue?  Thanks. 

Glick1

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:02 am

I recently purchased 2 Ultras. One 2016 model with optical out and the newer 2017 model for our bedroom TV. 
Both exhibit audio sync problems. I thought it was just me and tried every configuration possible. Even eliminating the optical out in my home theatre.
It makes netflix , Directv now almost impossible to watch. I will keep them for a few more days but if there is no fix. They are being returned.
Dont they test these things?
Don't tell me it's my network for I have a 100mb directly wired to the 2016 model which is the absolute worst.

kmsikk

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 am

interconnect wrote:
NItroTech wrote:

When I think about how long this issue has existed I'm beginning to believe there's a hardware issue that's the problem. Honestly, how could they not fix a sync problem and let it go on for nearly a year? When I talked to them, they are aware, something fishy is going on.

Totally agree.  I thought the same thing. I’m thinking it’s class-action lawsuit time. Time to lawyer up Roku!

Class action lawsuits - The best way to help lawyers get rich. 

NItroTech

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am

Updated this morning to firmware 8.0.1 build 4018 audio sync issues are still present. no change. I honestly don't understand how Roku has let this issue persist for so long and inform us its being investigated. Sorry Roku that's really hard to believe that is true. 

Glick1

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 am

We watch CNBC ( shark tank, The profit etc) and this has to be the absolute worst voice sync on Directv and Vue. Had sling for a while and it was also the worst.
How long could this possibly take? I am still in my return window for my 2 ultras.