Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

LVNeptune

Re: Is Roku Ever Going to Fix the DTS Audio Sync Bug?!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 am

This is worse than the old WPA2 bug you guys had in the old R2/R3 units where you had to lower your wireless security to get the software update to connect it to WPA2 because it shipped broken for whatever reason.

Never had an issue up until I plugged in my Ultra. Going to be returning it. There's no way this issue has been known for a year with reports daily on it and hasn't been resolved. They may be "looking into it" but nothing is actually getting done.

Timbiotic

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 am

Same issue old roku I could fix by transcoding but my new premier plus is horrible. Please fix dts sync issue.

interconnect

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 pm

LVNeptune wrote:
This is worse than the old WPA2 bug you guys had in the old R2/R3 units where you had to lower your wireless security to get the software update to connect it to WPA2 because it shipped broken for whatever reason.

Never had an issue up until I plugged in my Ultra. Going to be returning it. There's no way this issue has been known for a year with reports daily on it and hasn't been resolved. They may be "looking into it" but nothing is actually getting done.

Yeah, it’s pretty sad when a big company like Roku, which is now publicly traded, can have a MAJOR issue such as this for almost a year and get away with it.

LVNeptune

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Returning my Ultra. I picked up an NVIDIA Shield TV yesterday. It passes 7.1/Atmos as well which I really wanted for my media. No lip sync issues. My receiver set to 0ms, no adjustment necessary at all. It was more money but worth it to me. Also boots up and operates 2-3x faster than the Roku Ultra.

lipsnosync

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:13 pm

There has been a total lack of response regarding this issue by Roku.  No updates, no nothing, from what appears to be a year now.
Everyone is totally in the dark.   This will be the last Roku product I will ever buy and I will not recommend Roku products to friends. 

NItroTech

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:17 am

Firmware updated to 8.0.1 build 4042. Audio sync issues are still present. Please Roku fix this issue. Also noticed trying to play from my HDD it is now stopping and having to load whereas it used to stream flawlessly, aside from the audio sync.

sstoller

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pm

I'll jump on the audio sync bandwagon... I'm experiencing these issues too. It's just one issue after another with the Roku Ultra. Sooner or later I'm just gonna throw the dam n thing out the window and upgrade to something that works properly.

Jugzeh

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello out there not sure if this is of help or not.

I have a 65" new Samsung MU6290, Yamaha rx-v383, and Roku ultra. I found lip sync issues across the board. I changed the HDMI audio to Dolby d+ and that fixed it for me

hackztor

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:41 pm

I am getting this issue as well with os8. I guess I got lucky because my other roku with os7 is fine.

ManChicken

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:22 am

I just got a Roku Ultra and immediately saw audio sync issues in the Plex app. Judging by the age of this thread, it's going back in the box for a refund. Over a year and still not dealt with? Embarrassing. I thought I was upgrading from my old Roku 3.. apparently, not so much.

rcork

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:39 am

RokuShawnS wrote:
Thanks.  I see we have a bug filed for this, but I don't know what the status is on it yet.  I'll ping a few people today about it.

It's been two months since you said you were going to "ping a few people". Is there any update you can give us?

congruent

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I just got a Roku Premiere and it's completely useless. When I attempt to stream any of my ripped content via Plex, the audio (or the video?) is out of sync. This is incredibly frustrating considering my horribly slow Roku Stick streams without issue.

If there's no official response in a week I'm going to return the Roku and probably never go back (because I hate the stick for how slow it is and there's literally no other Roku device that will work at the moment).

PManarin

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Received a Roku for Christmas for my Plex and Emby server and I'm a little disappointed that any MKV video with DTS is painful to watch. End up using a DLNA through a 5 year old plasma TV to play back the passthrough DTS audio to my Denon amp. It managed DD and DD+ okay but struggles on the DTS channel.

Is there any updates on the fix as I know it is not Emby or Plex causing the problem and I don't want to transcode. Thanks.

atc98092

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 pm

While I have Plex, I rarely use it. Instead I have a DLNA server installed on my media server. I'm currently watching a movie (using the Roku Media Player) with a DTS Master Audio track, which my Roku 4 passes through to my AVR as just the lossy DTS core. If I watch really closely, I might see just a hair of a audio sync issue, but I have to be watching for it. And I could be imaging it because I'm looking for it. Overall, the DTS audio appears to be in sync for me. My point is that it might not be a Roku issue, but instead something with the Plex channel. If I had to guess, Plex is likely transcoding the audio, which might introduce a sync issue. Since the audio doesn't need transcoding, it's something that Plex shouldn't be doing. I do know that Plex by default will transcode videos that really don't need it, in their effort to reliably play as much content as possible. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

interconnect

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 pm

atc98092 wrote:
While I have Plex, I rarely use it. Instead I have a DLNA server installed on my media server. I'm currently watching a movie (using the Roku Media Player) with a DTS Master Audio track, which my Roku 4 passes through to my AVR as just the lossy DTS core. If I watch really closely, I might see just a hair of a audio sync issue, but I have to be watching for it. And I could be imaging it because I'm looking for it. Overall, the DTS audio appears to be in sync for me. My point is that it might not be a Roku issue, but instead something with the Plex channel. If I had to guess, Plex is likely transcoding the audio, which might introduce a sync issue. Since the audio doesn't need transcoding, it's something that Plex shouldn't be doing. I do know that Plex by default will transcode videos that really don't need it, in their effort to reliably play as much content as possible. 

All DTS audio is out of sync, regardless of the app; it’s a system wide issue.