Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
Lost In Delaware
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Mon May 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Please add the ability to hide all apps/channels from a given developer. 
I would love a feature like this to block certain public domain movie channel developers that keep posting the same stuff under different names (like The Movie Club)

Also, having the name of the developer on the highlight screen instead of not showing up until you click on it would be great too
 
mrjlturner
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Tue May 02, 2017 5:18 am

spanglmd wrote:
FIX THE HDCP PURPLE SCREEN OF DEATH, HOW ABOUT THAT FOR A FEATURE REQUEST?

I had that on a 2XS refurb out of the box, and had to return it for a replacement.  In my mind, its a hardware issue within the box.  The replacement came w/ the same code level, and worked like a champ.  I know that probably doesn't resolve your issue, as the box you have probably is out of warranty, but at least it may give you an idea of what you're looking at.  I agree that HDCP issues are frustrating.  Copy protection at its finest!
My ROKU Info:
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Spectrum Internet (100 Mbps / 10 Mbps)
Netflix; Hulu Plus; Amazon Prime
 
User avatar
vnazario
Posts: 1637
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Thu May 04, 2017 8:19 am

Hello:

   A "Report Broken Channel" option under the asterisk key
   A "My Favorite Channels" separate category
   Ability to create and label categories on the main menu so we can organize by language, type (sports, live TV, etc).  Similar to what the "My Channels" private channel does but for the main interface.
   Single sign on option similar to Apple TV and now FireTV is working on.

Worry more about fixing current issues than introducing more issues with new features unless you properly QA them before release.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
 
Username2
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Thu May 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Folders to easily organize channels. For example, I have the CNBC channel on my Roku but only ever use it during the NHL Playoffs. I'd like to hide it in a folder but don't want to remove it because I don't want to download it again at an inconvenient time (i.e. When I forget a game is on CNBC and I miss the opening faceoff because I have to download the channel again). Or for example putting my 2048 and Blackjack channels in a "Games" folder.

Single Sign On support for TVE authorizations (with DirecTV support!).

Rename the term "Channel" to "app" (goodbye 2009, hello 2017).

Allow casting to Roku from a cell phone and/or allow access to Roku through the Roku mobile app from a cell phone that's not on the same wifi network as the Roku. Specifically, iPhone allows AirPlay to Apple TV even if it's not on the same wifi network because it knows there's an Apple TV nearby. As far as the app goes it would be harder due to security, but why not allow the app to relay from cell phone through Roku servers to the Roku to control it, or use some type of adhoc network or bluetooth connection if the former's not a viable option. I would love to be able to use private listening even though my phones not connected to the same wifi network as my Roku Express Plus. It's a shame that I can't buy the more expensive remote with the audio jack and use that with the Roku Express Plus.
 
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:10 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Thu May 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Username2 wrote:
Allow casting to Roku from a cell phone and/or allow access to Roku through the Roku mobile app from a cell phone that's not on the same wifi network as the Roku. Specifically, iPhone allows AirPlay to Apple TV even if it's not on the same wifi network because it knows there's an Apple TV nearby. As far as the app goes it would be harder due to security, but why not allow the app to relay from cell phone through Roku servers to the Roku to control it, or use some type of adhoc network or bluetooth connection if the former's not a viable option.  I would love to be able to use private listening even though my phones not connected to the same wifi network as my Roku Express Plus. It's a shame that I can't buy the more expensive remote with the audio jack and use that with the Roku Express Plus.

Roku does have screen mirroring/casting feature. Only via Miracast based devices. Won't work with Apples as they do not have that ability. Had best of luck with Windows devices. Android, is hit or miss.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
 
User avatar
vnazario
Posts: 1637
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Thu May 04, 2017 7:03 pm

trekkeriii wrote:
Username2 wrote:
Allow casting to Roku from a cell phone and/or allow access to Roku through the Roku mobile app from a cell phone that's not on the same wifi network as the Roku. Specifically, iPhone allows AirPlay to Apple TV even if it's not on the same wifi network because it knows there's an Apple TV nearby. As far as the app goes it would be harder due to security, but why not allow the app to relay from cell phone through Roku servers to the Roku to control it, or use some type of adhoc network or bluetooth connection if the former's not a viable option.  I would love to be able to use private listening even though my phones not connected to the same wifi network as my Roku Express Plus. It's a shame that I can't buy the more expensive remote with the audio jack and use that with the Roku Express Plus.

Roku does have screen mirroring/casting feature. Only via Miracast based devices. Won't work with Apples as they do not have that ability. Had best of luck with Windows devices. Android, is hit or miss.

Hello trekkeriii:
   Just wanted to correct this statement of yours: "Won't work with Apples as they do not have that ability".  You indeed can cast to Roku from Apple devices if you install the Roku private channel "Trimeplay" which supports "Airplay" apps that can be "casted" to Roku.  I haven't used it in a long time, but I do remember it working way back when I owned my old iPhone 3gS.
Hope this information helps.  You can do a search in this forum using keyword Trimeplay for further information.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
 
Username2
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Fri May 05, 2017 12:50 pm

vnazario wrote:
trekkeriii wrote:
Username2 wrote:
Allow casting to Roku from a cell phone and/or allow access to Roku through the Roku mobile app from a cell phone that's not on the same wifi network as the Roku. Specifically, iPhone allows AirPlay to Apple TV even if it's not on the same wifi network because it knows there's an Apple TV nearby. As far as the app goes it would be harder due to security, but why not allow the app to relay from cell phone through Roku servers to the Roku to control it, or use some type of adhoc network or bluetooth connection if the former's not a viable option.  I would love to be able to use private listening even though my phones not connected to the same wifi network as my Roku Express Plus. It's a shame that I can't buy the more expensive remote with the audio jack and use that with the Roku Express Plus.

Roku does have screen mirroring/casting feature. Only via Miracast based devices. Won't work with Apples as they do not have that ability. Had best of luck with Windows devices. Android, is hit or miss.

Hello trekkeriii:
   Just wanted to correct this statement of yours: "Won't work with Apples as they do not have that ability".  You indeed can cast to Roku from Apple devices if you install the Roku private channel "Trimeplay" which supports "Airplay" apps that can be "casted" to Roku.  I haven't used it in a long time, but I do remember it working way back when I owned my old iPhone 3gS.
Hope this information helps.  You can do a search in this forum using keyword Trimeplay for further information.

But does this work when not on the same wifi network as the Roku?
 
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:10 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Fri May 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Miracast does.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
 
klcant102
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Sun May 07, 2017 1:41 pm

One feature I have always wanted is separate channel lists for separate boxes. We have 3 Roku boxes in the house, and one is in a common room that the kids will play in and watch tv. I would love to be able to have a different channel list on this device.
 
User avatar
vnazario
Posts: 1637
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Sun May 07, 2017 3:33 pm

klcant102 wrote:
One feature I have always wanted is separate channel lists for separate boxes. We have 3 Roku boxes in the house, and one is in a common room that the kids will play in and watch tv. I would love to be able to have a different channel list on this device.

Hello:
   The reason you have 3 Rokus with the same lineup is because you have all 3 units registered with the same account and all units sync channels when configured this way.  Just remove that unit from your main Roku account and create a new/different Roku account with a different e-mail and password and register the kids Roku with that new account.  Problem solved.
Hope this helps.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
 
SonOfJacob
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 pm

How about a "list view" display of files.
 
idlemind
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 pm

I'd like to vote for IPv6 support on the devices.

It's about time. No need to have a thread-naught on if it is needed or not. It is. Your competition has it and I know office big wigs don't like when a competitors product can be positively differentiated over yours.
 
tsanguine
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:52 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Mon May 15, 2017 11:57 am

I am looking to replace a Roku and just looked at features for the new models. Am surprised to learn no models offer a blue light filter for night time viewing as well as a built in sleep timer. 

1: Blue Light filter for nighttime viewing
2: sleep timer
 
AlexS08
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 am

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Wed May 17, 2017 2:37 pm

There should be emergency weather alerts. There should be an option to enable them. If you enable them, they should appear as a message box and pause your program (if possible) when the weather alert comes up.
 
User avatar
nocable
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm
Location: N. Texas

Re: Feature Requests - Second Quarter 2017

Fri May 19, 2017 12:33 am

AlexS08 wrote:
There should be emergency weather alerts. There should be an option to enable them. If you enable them, they should appear as a message box and pause your program (if possible) when the weather alert comes up.

The Weather4Us channel offers that through their screensaver, I think.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests