Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheBaldman
Topic Author

Black screen with sound

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Last night I was watching something Sling TV and suddenly the screen went black. I could hear sound but no picture. My Premier+ is attached to my receiver. I tried switching to other sources on the receiver (TiVo, DVD, etc. and nothing displayed). Tried bringing up the TVs setup menu but even that did not come up although that ruled out the receiver and the HDMI cable to the TV. The only solution was to unplug the TV and plug it back in after a few seconds. It later happened a second time and was cured by unplugging the TV.  

The rest of the evening I watched TV with the TiVo and some from my Cable box (which is going soon). There were no more incidents.

mrjlturner

Re: Black screen with sound

Tue May 02, 2017 5:25 am

My neighbor has been having black screen issues with SlingTV on a ROKU stick.  He complained that he could barely watch the basketball game last night on TNT due to the black screen coming up every few minutes.  He said when it did come up, there was no picture nor sound.  I have a feeling that SlingTV is having some issues with streaming content.  Unfortunately he didn't do anything to troubleshoot (change channels, etc.)  Hopefully I can do some testing with him to see if I can reproduce the issue.  He does have ample bandwidth we know for sure (60/5).
My ROKU Info:
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Spectrum Internet (100 Mbps / 10 Mbps)
Netflix; Hulu Plus; Amazon Prime