Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
beancrisp
Topic Author
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Do not subscribe to this channel, it is not worth $0.99 a month.
 
MikeFromMesa
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:31 pm

beancrisp wrote:
Do not subscribe to this channel, it is not worth $0.99 a month.

OK, but why? 

I am not questioning your judgement; I assume it is correct, but I was wondering what about the channel you found so bad? No variety? Bad streaming? Poor selections? Just wondering.
 
Rcosta
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:18 pm

beancrisp wrote:
Do not subscribe to this channel, it is not worth $0.99 a month.

That is why we need a "Yelp" for streaming channels to for evaluation of all of the channels and specifics for each channel.
I have noticed that some channels have way TOO much advertising. Some channels have stale content. B or worse rated movies. Some channels have content that is never updated or changed. Some channels have little content, some do not work and are not pulled from the Channel store. I wonder if Roku has a business process to audit the channels for content (inappropriate or not working) and then take appropriate action.
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
 
MikeFromMesa
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Rcosta wrote:
That is why we need a "Yelp" for streaming channels to for evaluation of all of the channels and specifics for each channel. 
I have noticed that some channels have way TOO much advertising. Some channels have stale content. B or worse rated movies. Some channels have content that is never updated or changed. Some channels have little content, some do not work and are not pulled from the Channel store. I wonder if Roku has a business process to audit the channels for content (inappropriate or not working) and then take appropriate action.

Why does someone not start a "Review" thread for Roku channels on this forum or, perhaps better, a separate thread for each channel that is being reviewed. So there could be a separate thread for SyFy Now, HBO Go, Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Warner and so on. Once a thread was started for a particular channel all review posts would go to that thread and, if there was no thread for a particular channel, a reviewer would create one for it when he or she wrote the first review.

Personally I think that is a great idea as I have a number of questions about different channels and no place to see how the channels are rated or to get questions answered. I know there are a great many channels (4500 according to Roku) but I think there would only be a limited number that would actually be reviewed and that it would be manageable.
 
empirefalls
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 pm

There ADD is the complaint ADD again about ADD ADD ADD many  ADD Channels : 'TOO MANY ADS'

About 10 channels now make up 99% of my streaming media entertainment.  I had over 200 channels one time and i removed them all and have not added a channel in a year. [other than a pay channel].   Vudu free movies with ads? Nope. Dont need it.  Cost did not  chase me from satellite, too many adds did. 

'Waiting' for the  OP's complaint about the Sixes.  I may try the channel just to find out.
 
rjdriver
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 am

Re: Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 pm

empirefalls wrote:
There ADD is the complaint ADD again about ADD ADD ADD many  ADD Channels : 'TOO MANY ADS'

About 10 channels now make up 99% of my streaming media entertainment.  I had over 200 channels one time and i removed them all and have not added a channel in a year. [other than a pay channel].   Vudu free movies with ads? Nope. Dont need it.  Cost did not  chase me from satellite, too many adds did. 

'Waiting' for the  OP's complaint about the Sixes.  I may try the channel just to find out.

Agree wholeheartedly.  Too many commercial minutes per hour are what caused me to cut the cord in 2009.  Sure the ever increasing cost was a concern as well, but it was not the primary factor.  I have abandoned all the IPTV channels with ads that I tried on the Roku for the same reason, and am paying now just about the same as I was then for cable TV, for Netflix, Amazon, Showtime and HBO, but it is all blessedly commercial free.  I am willing to pay for good quality ad free programming, but I will never again pay to watch commercials.  That model is broken.
LG 42" 1080, Sony S550 Blu Ray, Pioneer VSX 512S, Harmony One, Roku 3-wired, Fire TV Stick, FlircUSB, 30Mb, Antenna. Coventry RI, USA
 
Rcosta
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: Sixties TV

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 pm

My suggestion about the review for channels, even if on this forum would be great, if the developers and management for those channels would actually read the feedback from the users of their content. This is so we can be catalyst for change (hopefully to the benefit for both the channel developers and the end-users of that content)
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
 
MikeFromMesa
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Sixties TV

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 am

Rcosta wrote:
My suggestion about the review for channels, even if on this forum would be great, if the developers and management for those channels would actually read the feedback from the users of their content. This is so we can be catalyst for change (hopefully to the benefit for both the channel developers and the end-users of that content)

My thought in making the suggestion was that other users could benefit from the information, not that the providers would read the posts. Even if they did I doubt that it would make much difference.

As a relatively new Roku user I have no way to know if this channel or that channel is worth the effort of adding it. What I have found, and what most other users probably already know, is that some channels are just worthless since they have limited content, no new content and/or too many ads. My thought was that the forum users could review the channels they have and warn new users, like myself, about wasting time and, perhaps, money on garbage.
 
User avatar
atc98092
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Sixties TV

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 am

One comment about using a forum posting for channel review. You encounter a problem as the postings age and the channels change. On another forum I read there is a post about Biodiesel locations. It's an enormous thread with hundreds of posts. The problem is, the vast majority of posts are no longer accurate. I see the same issue trying to evaluate Roku channels. Someone might trash (or praise) a particular channel, and 6 months down the road something changes and the original review doesn't reflect the current state. Even worse, the channel may go away, but the posts remain and you have to slog through them to find something. There might be multiple postings about the same channel, perhaps separated by dozens or more posts, so you wouldn't seem them all together to make a valid judgement.
.
I'm not saying at all that some method of channel review would be valuable, because it would be. But keeping it valid and up to date would require someone dedicated to maintaining the postings. That means someone with forum admin rights. To my knowledge, Roku does not have any non-employees with forum admin rights. And I have my doubts they would dedicate a staff member to maintain something like this.
.
I think for something like this to work, you need to track each individual channel individually. Considering how many channels there are, using a forum such as this isn't really practical. Instead, you would need a web site that has a database back end that allows searching by channel name, genre, pay or free, etc. If Roku would be willing to provide the resources to host such a site, I'm sure that volunteers could be found to maintain it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
 
MikeFromMesa
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Sixties TV

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am

atc98092 wrote:
One comment about using a forum posting for channel review. You encounter a problem as the postings age and the channels change. On another forum I read there is a post about Biodiesel locations. It's an enormous thread with hundreds of posts. The problem is, the vast majority of posts are no longer accurate. I see the same issue trying to evaluate Roku channels. Someone might trash (or praise) a particular channel, and 6 months down the road something changes and the original review doesn't reflect the current state. Even worse, the channel may go away, but the posts remain and you have to slog through them to find something. There might be multiple postings about the same channel, perhaps separated by dozens or more posts, so you wouldn't seem them all together to make a valid judgement.
.
I'm not saying at all that some method of channel review would be valuable, because it would be. But keeping it valid and up to date would require someone dedicated to maintaining the postings. That means someone with forum admin rights. To my knowledge, Roku does not have any non-employees with forum admin rights. And I have my doubts they would dedicate a staff member to maintain something like this.
.
I think for something like this to work, you need to track each individual channel individually. Considering how many channels there are, using a forum such as this isn't really practical. Instead, you would need a web site that has a database back end that allows searching by channel name, genre, pay or free, etc. If Roku would be willing to provide the resources to host such a site, I'm sure that volunteers could be found to maintain it.

I suppose you are right about the problems in maintaining channel posts on the forum, and I also suppose there is no really good solution to that problem without the ability to have a dedicated forum for that purpose and an active effort at maintaining it. That seems unfortunate to me as I believe that any such effort would be actively used and read and be of real value to readers. I, for example, went through the process of adding the SyFy channel to my Roku (I still have cable and will continue to have it until my contract ends) and activating it, only to find that all of the stuff that I thought would be on it, is not. Series that were broadcast on the SyFy cable channel (Eureka, Babylon 5 and others) and movies (the new Star Trek, Butterfly Effect, Independence Day, LOTR, The Hobbit and others) are nowhere to be found on the app version and I realized that it was a waste of my time. I could communicate that to others if there were channel reviews.

Still, as I said, I guess you are right and we each have to find out what works and what does not work for ourselves.
 
User avatar
atc98092
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Sixties TV

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:02 pm

I still like the idea. Perhaps Roku could add customer reviews to the Channel Store. That would at least place the reviews in an location that makes it easy to find.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
 
empirefalls
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Sixties TV

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:29 pm

When? is the OP going to post his experience with the Sixties Channel.  
 
MikeFromMesa
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Sixties TV

Mon May 01, 2017 8:14 am

empirefalls wrote:
When? is the OP going to post his experience with the Sixties Channel.  

Yes. The irony is that my initial post on this thread was asking exactly that question of the OP. There has been some activity on the thread but the OP has never addressed the first question.
 
empirefalls
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Sixties TV

Tue May 02, 2017 5:16 pm

I 'may' spend the .99, just to  find out about  complaint[s] The Sixties.

  
 
MikeFromMesa
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Sixties TV

Tue May 02, 2017 5:52 pm

empirefalls wrote:
I 'may' spend the .99, just to  find out about  complaint[s] The Sixties.

  

:D

Good. Then we'll find out what the problem really is (or is not) when you post what you find.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests