Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

blackcows
Topic Author

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:31 pm

I have a total of 5 Roku. In my house I have a Roku TV and a streaming stick. I travel with a Roku 3 and have two roku tvs in my rv. Is there anyway to avoid logging into the same channel on each unit? For example if I add the YouTube channel then I have to go through the log in procedure on 5 devices. Is there anyway to just login on one device and have it carry through?

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Log into channel Once for multiple Devices

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:33 pm

No.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

steveh11284

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 am

I created a username so I could ask this same question. It's annoying having to login to each device (especially since we're constantly reauthenticating cable channel apps). Not sure if it's even possible, but it would be great if login credentials could somehow be tied into your Roku account instead of the specific device. Meaning as long as the Roku account is the same, the app authentications would work across the board.

Streams

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:35 am

It really does suck.  I would hook my parents up with a Roku, which they would really enjoy since they have cable so they would have access to all the cable apps.  But I don't because I know they would not like having to constantly sign in.  There is nothing worse than getting into bed to watch something and finding out that you have to write down a code and then go downstairs to your computer and go to a website to enter that code and then enter login information, then hope it works before climbing the stairs again.  

It's a stupid system, and the fact that the apps randomly log you out without rhyme or reason makes it worse.  

optikhog

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 am

Actually, this is starting to be a 'thing' now:
http://cordcuttersnews.com/roku-just-ma ... ku-easier/

atc98092

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:52 pm

optikhog wrote:
Actually, this is starting to be a 'thing' now:
http://cordcuttersnews.com/roku-just-ma ... ku-easier/

Sounds like it's dependent on the channel developer. But certainly a step in the right direction.  :D
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.