Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Nebo1ss

Re: Roku 7.7 software issues

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 am

RkForum wrote:
Nebo1ss wrote:
RATT71 wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to just send a system wide downgrade on 7.6 to every Roku user until you iron out all the issues on the 7.7?

Not everyone is having problems and want a downgrade. 

Yes, but it would be nice to have the option to downgrade without depending of Roku's Engineers. Don't forget that we are costumers, and as such, I would like to have the choice to update or not my device
Cheers!

I fully agree with this. There should be an option on the box that allows you to prevent auto updates. You can then come to the forums and check what problems exist on the new release and decide if you want to do the update or not. I can see that ROKU may not want to support multiple versions, but there is a very simple solution to that only accept complaints from users who are on the latest version. In addition to the ROKU I also have a Nvidia Shield and there is an option to  switch off auto update on both the Operating system and individual apps and do them at your convenience.
My previous comment was basically disagreeing with the suggestion to roll everything back. They did that in the past and upset a lot of people. In my case I am happy with 7.7 and certainly do not want to go back to 7.6.

sbsaylors

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 am

So we have not found a way to trick the Roku USB from 7.7 to 7.6 like some of the older versions?  :(

DubTaylor

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 am

There are two 7.7s.
Nothing to go back to except another failed 7.7, of which there appear to be two of.

<----Dub is NOT happy.

Samudra

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:40 am

Hello Shawn,

I was trying to use DivX Mobile App with Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Stick and Roku express and having an issue like everyone else.   I have already send you an email with detailed information.  Could you please guide me to revert the software version from 7.7 to 7.6?

Thank you so much for your support!

flamebird

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 am

I don't know if it's from the upgrade, but for the last few days. to maybe a week I've noticed a random pop-up saying that I'm not connected to the internet.
My Roku Premiere+ is hardwired into my router and has no issues playing. . . just the pop-up saying to go to network settings to connect or a "later" button.
I click later and it keeps playing fine whether I'm using an internet app or a local app like Plex.  Hasn't been a real issue, yet; but figured I'd add the info for whoever is looking into things.

RT87

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 am

flamebird wrote:
I don't know if it's from the upgrade, but for the last few days. to maybe a week I've noticed a random pop-up saying that I'm not connected to the internet.
My Roku Premiere+ is hardwired into my router and has no issues playing. . . just the pop-up saying to go to network settings to connect or a "later" button.
I click later and it keeps playing fine whether I'm using an internet app or a local app like Plex.  Hasn't been a real issue, yet; but figured I'd add the info for whoever is looking into things.

Here is the info that your looking for:

Roku OS 7.7 updates and bug fixes:

Roku devices will now proactively notify you regarding loss of connectivity during streaming and direct you to network settings to update your connection.

https://support.roku.com/article/208755 ... if-you-can

This was just added to the 7.7 update.
Sounds like a bug issue tho...

Elijah_Baley

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:56 am

sbsaylors wrote:
So we have not found a way to trick the Roku USB from 7.7 to 7.6 like some of the older versions?  :(

I do not understand this. What USB trick? I do not remember any situation where the USB port on a Roku had any relationship to an an upgrade or downgrade action. The Roku does NOT load software from the USB and Roku's source code is not available anyway. 
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

greeknasty

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Roku has fixed my live TV streaming on Ellastv
Thanks roku.

Demogorgon

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Elijah_Baley wrote:
Demogorgon wrote:
Sent my info to be downgraded to 7.6 since it is screwing up with plex which i use a lot.

Be patient. It apparently takes a couple of days for the requests to pass through a few hands before the downgrade (upgrade to a working product) actually happens. I sent my info 08/14/2015 @ 17:42 EDT and I have yet to be processed. But hope springs eternal and I do hold out hope that all the hands that have to touch the data I sent have done so correctly and I will get my reset sometime today.

Oh i know not to be in a hurry just leaving a post to let know and add to the thread of people with problems

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 pm

@Schmye Bubbula,@Samudra -  bug reported for remote app users

petersont79

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:03 pm

I have the Roku 2 (4210) and since the update on Aug 8, occasionally will notice screen flashing or flickering on the bottom half on the screen.  It does this more with some apps versus others.  Is this the same issue as many are having with the Roku 3 models and above?  Is there something I can do to attempt to resolve this?  For me it tends to happen more with Direct TV Now, but not seeing it as much on the Sling or WWE Network app, if that makes any difference.

Pra1024

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
Re: 7.6 Downgrade ---

As of 5pm last night, I sent another batch of serial numbers over to get customers into the downgrade list.  Another batch comprising those who sent emails after that and through 10pm tonight will be sent over shortly for entry into the list tomorrow morning/afternoon.

A number of you who have emailed me have either sent over incorrect or incomplete information, and/or have emailed me multiple times.  Please be certain that the email had the subject line of "7.6 Downgrade" and contained the following information exactly:

• Your Name
  • Roku Model Number
  • Roku Serial Number
  • A valid email address
(This information is in the Settings > System > About screen).

I've had individuals email me without the serial number, as well as no model number.  If you don't add the serial, I can't add you to the list.  If you don't add the model number (can't count the number who haven't), it forces me to research the model based on the serial number, which adds extra time to getting you added into the database.

Regardless, if you discovered you did NOT add the model number nor had the proper subject line, please don't send me another email if you've emailed before 10pm CDT tonight ... I already have you covered (unless I emailed you directly about it).  If you didn't send the serial number, PLEASE DO SO.

Otherwise, please be patient.  I'm processing these as fast as I can.

I'll update again tomorrow evening with further information.

@RokuShawnS,

Can you please confirm that you receive my email ?
No downgrade till now.

Thanks
[color=black]Roku SL :  2LA55V018576
Roku Model number: 3500X[/color]

Samudra

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm

RokuDale wrote:
@Schmye Bubbula,@Samudra -  bug reported for remote app users

Everything worked with the app completely fine. There was no update from the app side. The only update was Roku to 7.7 and all of a sudden all the devices stopped playing videos, however images are working fine. Let me know if i can provide you any more information. 

If I can downgrade my roku device to 7.6 and if the videos play fine, then we can verify that it has something to do with the roku. 

Thank you for your help.

Lilmissndemon

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Sadly it seems to be a contest to see who can actually get help and who cant... ive sent emails to downgrade asked for help been frustrated and all to no avail... yet random ppl can be replied to i guess based on a roll of the dice? i dont know why im even bothering anymore...was thinking maybe i just slipped thru the cracks and wasnt noticed so i kept trying...search the forums find that ppl get answers within hrs sometimes minutes but this thread...dead ...except a few responses even after the response of "start a new thread" by the admin ignoring us yet still answering others... trying to explain why i spent this money is still beyond me maybe its time to find some consumer blogs to let ppl know what they are in for when they buy this thing...nothing they claim is true no customer support no response just accept you bought a hunk of plastic that doesnt work as implied 

irionj

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Sent the email requesting a rollback with all the correct information on Saturday. Still no change by Wednesday evening. How long should this take?