Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Rlin5741
Topic Author

No Longer Working with Logitech Harmony

Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:34 am

I have a Logitech Harmony Hub with remote, and after a recent firmware update, a number of commands no longer work with my Roku 3.  For example, I can press the "Netflix" and "Amazon" and "Hulu" soft keys, and the Roku will respond, however the directional keys, the "Enter" key and the "back" keys all do not work.  My gut tells me it's either a Logitech or Roku firmware update issue, both devices automatically updated firmware over the last week while I was on vacation and when I came back, it was exhibiting these issues.

Note to other Logitech users - I have the Harmony Hub implementation, I.e. a newer one that runs off an wifi enabled Hub and for Roku communicates over wifi.

blinton

Re: No Longer Working with Logitech Harmony

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Glad to see i am not the only one... Would be nice if someone fixed this its kind of annoying... :)

MikeFromMesa

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:04 am

Rlin5741 wrote:
I have a Logitech Harmony Hub with remote, and after a recent firmware update, a number of commands no longer work with my Roku 3.  For example, I can press the "Netflix" and "Amazon" and "Hulu" soft keys, and the Roku will respond, however the directional keys, the "Enter" key and the "back" keys all do not work.  My gut tells me it's either a Logitech or Roku firmware update issue, both devices automatically updated firmware over the last week while I was on vacation and when I came back, it was exhibiting these issues.

Note to other Logitech users - I have the Harmony Hub implementation, I.e. a newer one that runs off an wifi enabled Hub and for Roku communicates over wifi.

I have one of the non-hub Harmony remotes (the 650) and it is still working properly. In fact I am so happy with the Harmony that I almost never pick up any of the "real" remotes that came with my equipment. It controls my Roku P+ perfectly as well as my Sony TV and DVD player.

The Harmony Hub may well have problems but my 650 just keeps working.

Rlin5741
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:53 pm

It's a Hub issue, since the Hub defaults to IP comminucation with the Roku to enable non-LOS communication and additional commands.  This was the response I got from Harmony support a little over three weeks ago:

Currently, the IP command for Roku is not working for few users, our team is looking into this. I do not have any update as of now. 
In the meantime, I've added a test Roku 3 and created test Activity namely "Watch Roku" in your account. Please Sync your Harmony to get the changes, test and let me know if that helped. 

Note that the IR version of the Roku commands is working.  To set up the Roku as IR only, unplug the Roku, then just the scanning for device phase when you try to ad it to force a manual configuration, that will set up the Roku as an IR device.

Rlin5741
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm

MikeFromMesa wrote:
Rlin5741 wrote:

I have one of the non-hub Harmony remotes (the 650) and it is still working properly. In fact I am so happy with the Harmony that I almost never pick up any of the "real" remotes that came with my equipment. It controls my Roku P+ perfectly as well as my Sony TV and DVD player.

The Harmony Hub may well have problems but my 650 just keeps working.

The 650 communicates over IR, so not surprised it is working.  Seems to be IR is the workaround.  Not ideal, but once I dug out my IR blasters (Roku is an enclosed cabinet so no LOS from the couch) it works ok.  Some commands don't work as well (direct launch HBO Go for example) but most of the normal ones are fine if a bit sluggish (probably a function of the non ideal LOS)

bump909

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Any updates on this?  My issue is that I'm getting double button presses when navigating Netflix or Amazon app.  Plex seems fine and so does the main home menu where I can select the channel.

ernesto

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi, I have an Harmony 650 and I just updated to Roku Streaming Stick+ and to my surprise 650 does not work with Roku P+. I have read here that you made it work. Can you please provide instruction and how you did it? Thank you so much!

bandaid

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 am

Hello,

I’ve the same issue here... Any update on this with the Harmony Hib?

Thanks!

andyross

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:00 am

The Roku Stick models ONLY work with WiFi-based remotes. They do not support standard IR (infrared) commands.

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:42 am

The Harmony Hub should work with the stick since it can send commands through the network. Programming that thing is such a PITA that getting it setup properly could be a challenge. I set one up for my mother a while back and it used to work with her Roku through the network (not a stick, however), but now it doesn't. She prefers the Roku remote anyway, so I haven't bothered trying to figure out what happened. I just don't have the patience to battle with Logitech's software.

-JT

ingridorchris

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:25 pm

I have the exact same error on one of my Harmony Ultimate's. It just started this week.  Any updates?

5minutes

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:30 pm

After the most recent OS update, my Harmony remote stopped working.  

jimmer2880

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:39 pm

My Harmony Hub just stopped working as well!    Directional buttons won't work.   Even tried re-programming them.   

I had a 650 and absolutely loved it (until the cats chewed it).   Love the idea of the hub, but in practice, it hasn't been all I hoped it to be.

Any update?

blue_94_trooper

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:47 pm

I've got two Harmony Hubs, one with a Roku Ultra and one with a Roku 3 and haven't had any issues with either.
SoundBridge M500 (retired), PhotoBridge HD1000 rev. B (retired)
Roku 2 XS (retired), Roku XD (retired)
Roku 3 x2, Roku 2, Roku Ultra

Stain

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 pm

I have a Roku 3 that has stopped working as described in the original post with a Harmony Hub as well. It just began not working after working for several years. I also have another Roku 3 and Harmony Hub for a different TV and they are still working. I guess I will not take any updates for that TV/harmony yet. I also have a Roku 2 that works fine.

I tried to add the non-working Roku 3 device (model 4200x) using the Harmony software but the Roku is not detected as being on the same network - it cannot find the Roku. Obviously, it really is on the same network (wired ethernet) but the Roku is not detected by the harmony hub during setup. The other Roku devices in my house are still detected during this step. I also tried connecting the Roku 3 to my wifi instead and it still is not detected. Please fix this issue! I need my directional buttons back!

Cheers,
Stain