Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ddevonb
Topic Author

Audio lag or drop out at the start of audio

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:49 am

When streaming video begins the audio doesn't start immediately but a second or two later. This isn't such a big deal, but when I listen to music in the Plex server the Roku causes the music to not flow from track to track because the audio drops out for a moment.

Is there a setting I can change so that that the audio does not drop out like this?

scottypie1234

Re: Audio lag or drop out at the start of audio

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:19 am

What is your audio set at when you go into Roku settings? If set to Auto, try setting it to the specific setting (Stereo, DD, DD+, etc.) that you want it to use. Could be that it's auto-detecting and changing its output every time it gets and drops an audio signal.

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 am

Which Roku?

ddevonb
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Sorry... Ultra model

ddevonb
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:37 pm

scottypie1234 wrote:
What is your audio set at when you go into Roku settings? If set to Auto, try setting it to the specific setting (Stereo, DD, DD+, etc.) that you want it to use. Could be that it's auto-detecting and changing its output every time it gets and drops an audio signal.

I tried every setting on manual and the problem is still there.

The first couple of notes are there but at a very muted level before the music then hits full volume.

ddevonb
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:40 pm

I just noticed that it's the same when i watch a streaming video channel. I went to Fox Sports Go and the video started with the audio the same way... very muted for a moment then full volume.

ddevonb
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Some more info...

I'm running the HDMI through my Sony STR-DH740 7.2-channel home theater receiver then to my TV. I just turned the volume on my receiver and turn up the volume on the tv... and there was no dropout at the start.

My first thought was that somehow my receiver was not handling properly... but I went to my bedroom TV that had and Ultra directly connected by HDMI and the dropout was there.