Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

xackley

Re: No show pictures in apps

Mon May 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Yep this deserves a bump every day until roku responds.
It happens on my roku lt, it does not happen on my newer roku.

Don

atc98092

Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 pm

xackley wrote:

Don

Your LT doesn't even support 1080. The hardware seems equivalent to my 2 XS, which I stopped using over a year ago because of poor performance. As the channel developers create new and better channels, and Roku develops firmware with more and better functionality, those older boxes are just going to lose support. Apple stops supporting their older iPhones and iPads far faster than Roku has with their hardware. My old 3GS doesn't support anything newer than iOS 6.1.6, and they are now on version 11.3. With technology, you can't expect support forever. There are two versions of the LT, model 2400 & 2450. One was introduced Nov 2011 and the other 5 months later. Face it, it's reached end of life. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

xackley

Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 pm

atc98092 wrote:
xackley wrote:

Don

Your LT doesn't even support 1080. The hardware seems equivalent to my 2 XS, which I stopped using over a year ago because of poor performance. As the channel developers create new and better channels, and Roku develops firmware with more and better functionality, those older boxes are just going to lose support. Apple stops supporting their older iPhones and iPads far faster than Roku has with their hardware. My old 3GS doesn't support anything newer than iOS 6.1.6, and they are now on version 11.3. With technology, you can't expect support forever. There are two versions of the LT, model 2400 & 2450. One was introduced Nov 2011 and the other 5 months later. Face it, it's reached end of life. 

You missed the point. Something roku wrote into their software made the pictures to quit functioning after the unit has been on a few days. What ever there "enhancement" was, needs to be rolled back.
And for many 720p and slow if okay, as long as the box servers it,s purpose of streaming which it does just fine. Not supporting is different than fixing a bad update.