Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

scottypie1234
Topic Author

Netflix raising prices

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 am

atc98092

Re: Netflix raising prices

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 am

I still believe that they offer an incredible value. You can spend $10 or more on a couple of PPV rentals from some streaming sites, and with Netflix you have unlimited viewing of all titles for the entire month.
But I am still considering dropping them. has nothing to do with the price. I have no interest in any of their original programming, and it is getting harder all the time to find something I want to watch that isn't also available from Amazon. Plus with Amazon, I get UHD titles without paying any more than my Prime subscription. Yeah, not a whole lot of Prime UHD, but that's fine with me. At least it's there. But if Netflix doesn't offer me the content I want, it doesn't matter how good of a deal it is. It's still $10+ per month for little to nothing.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:30 am

atc98092 wrote:
I still believe that they offer an incredible value. You can spend $10 or more on a couple of PPV rentals from some streaming sites, and with Netflix you have unlimited viewing of all titles for the entire month.
But I am still considering dropping them. has nothing to do with the price. I have no interest in any of their original programming, and it is getting harder all the time to find something I want to watch that isn't also available from Amazon. Plus with Amazon, I get UHD titles without paying any more than my Prime subscription. Yeah, not a whole lot of Prime UHD, but that's fine with me. At least it's there. But if Netflix doesn't offer me the content I want, it doesn't matter how good of a deal it is. It's still $10+ per month for little to nothing.

This is 100% where I am with them. It's an AMAZING value, but I'm just not into movies in general (and the older TV shows they have) to make it worth my time/money. 

T_J

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 am

I have the SD 1-stream Netflix plan ($7.99). This plan is staying the same price, and since I like Netflix I won't be canceling. Also currently have Sling TV orange (1-stream) due to it has ESPN 1,2,3 and some MLB playoffs on TBS. 
Last edited by T_J on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

reddice

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 am

It's not the point of a dollar. I would not complain if Netflix did not take away about 90% of what I was watching. Yes this year there is nothing left. I hate most of the original content for it's mature themes of sex and swearing. Really NF should be getting more licensed content not more original *bleep* which is why I did not like the last dollar increase and don't like it now.

The service is a joke when there is cheaper competition with much better licensed content. I hope NF goes under in 2019 when they lose Disney and wait raise the rates again for more TV-MA content that will replace the Disney content.

Well if 85% of there content was not mature but it is. Really first they ruined Marvel for me making that mature which was the last price increase.

Then I was looking forward to Castelvania they ruined that making that mature and gross. Then they even ruined one of my favorite country singers Brad Praisy making his show mature.

Really and losing Disney for there *bleep*y Millarworld which produces adult comics.

Also don't forget the flank they got for there "kids" series of a drawn penis and there new mature cartoon about kids that have sex and can warp people into being sex offenders. Netflix should rename there company Netfilth.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.

downwithcable

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:27 pm

This would be easier to take if they had not lost so much good content over the past year. Much of their new stuff is horrible. At $11 a month they have me questioning whether it is worth keeping--something I could not have imagined doing years ago when they had awesome content.

mikebdoss

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm

reddice wrote:
It's not the point of a dollar. I would not complain if Netflix did not take away about 90% of what I was watching. Yes this year there is nothing left. I hate most of the original content for it's mature themes of sex and swearing. Really NF should be getting more licensed content not more original *bleep* which is why I did not like the last dollar increase and don't like it now.

The service is a joke when there is cheaper competition with much better licensed content. I hope NF goes under in 2019 when they lose Disney and wait raise the rates again for more TV-MA content that will replace the Disney content.

Well if 85% of there content was not mature but it is. Really first they ruined Marvel for me making that mature which was the last price increase.

Then I was looking forward to Castelvania they ruined that making that mature and gross. Then they even ruined one of my favorite country singers Brad Praisy making his show mature.

Really and losing Disney for there *bleep*y Millarworld which produces adult comics.

Also don't forget the flank they got for there "kids" series of a drawn penis and there new mature cartoon about kids that have sex and can warp people into being sex offenders. Netflix should rename there company Netfilth.

Your complaints seem to be with the rest of the world, not Netflix specifically. The Maya The Bee issue wasn't anything Netflix chose to do, and other cartoons don't have to be FOR kids (see Family Guy, Rick and Morty, hundreds others). 

The world wants the rest of this material, because most of us are adults and don't want to be talked down to. There's a lot of material out there (mostly violent) that I don't like or want to watch, but I'd never blame Netflix for providing it for others. 

twiceover

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:54 pm

reddice wrote:

The word is "Their", I mean seriously you used it wrong enough that I need to leave a comment about it.  The degradation of our grammar is far more worrisome to me than what you mentioned.
Last edited by twiceover on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Streams

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:02 pm

twiceover wrote:
reddice wrote:

The word is "Their", I mean seriously you used it wrong enough that I need to leave a comment about it.  I mean, the degradation of our grammar is far more worrisome to me than what you mentioned.

I'm sorry, but this post of yours is a little too mature for this section.

reddice

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:28 pm

mikebdoss wrote:

The world wants the rest of this material, because most of us are adults and don't want to be talked down to. There's a lot of material out there (mostly violent) that I don't like or want to watch, but I'd never blame Netflix for providing it for others. 

I am not saying to take it down but come on NF removed 90% of what I was watching and they have the nerve to raise rates again.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.

steelersrule

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:10 pm

reddice wrote:
mikebdoss wrote:

I am not saying to take it down but come on NF removed 90% of what I was watching and they have the nerve to raise rates again.

steelersrule

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Screwed up above post.  Sorry:

And REDDICE you are doing EXACTLY what you are supposed to do if you do not like/want something.  Just drop the service, and don't fund it anymore with your money that you earn.

I, personally, keep the service because I enjoy the content they are creating.  I like the fact that MARVEL has gone and created more MATURE content for their characters.  But that is my point of view.  And, maybe, someday that will change.

But there is nothing wrong with your post IMHO.  Best you can do is drop it.  And as long as you give myself and others the CHOICE of keeping it, I have no problems with your opinions.  But that, of course, is my opinion.  Others will disagree.

mikebdoss

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm

reddice wrote:
mikebdoss wrote:

They remove stuff, and they add stuff. That's how it's always been. They don't know (or care) that they removed what you like - especially if you keep paying them every month. There's no "nerve" involved - they've added a bunch of stuff, and a lot of people think the service was a good value before the price increase. If you don't like what they have, quit and let them know why.

dfgsrzwer

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Netflix didn't "remove" anything. They lost the streaming rights to someone else.

Crow550

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:30 pm

You have Hulu, Amazon, and such. You have options....

Drop em. Use something else and come back when new seasons of your favorite show is back.... If you want....