Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mc510
Topic Author

Anybody else ready for a new boot splash video?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:05 pm

I've got a 2 XS, so I see that boot splash animation a lot. And, frankly, I'm just sick of those guys.  

"U" is the worst; that guy is positively Shatner-esque in his "look at me! look at me!" jerking and bobbing. 

"R" is awfully annoying too, constantly twisting to and fro to show off his "best side" ... what a primadonna!  

For a while I empathized with "K"; I mean, I'm sick of waiting for this boot sequence to finish too, but eventually I just started thinking that he's a self-absorbed jerk, an obnoxious Wall Street type. 

Really, "O" is the only one I'd want to hang out with ... he's not that smart, but he's chill and nice and not all full of himself. 

Anyways, let's retire these guys, okay Roku?
Last edited by mc510 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Anybody else ready for a new boot splash video?

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:12 am

:lol: This gets my vote for the best post in a long time!

-JT

Schmye Bubbula

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:07 am

What does the "5000" mean? 5000 Roku channels? (How many would that be without all the religious channels?)
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016

DubTaylor

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:24 am

Schmye Bubbula wrote:
What does the "5000" mean? 5000 Roku channels? (How many would that be without all the religious channels?)

Not counting Church and Movie Club:
19 - and 10 of those are unwatchable.

Verta

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:15 am

I am more than ready for the cheesy MIDI music to go away or be optional. Honestly, why is this not optional? Certainly leave the default to On like every annoying thing like ads on screen savers and automatically changing my theme but for pity's sake let us disable it.

dfgsrzwer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:04 am

Verta wrote:
I am more than ready for the cheesy MIDI music to go away or be optional. Honestly, why is this not optional? Certainly leave the default to On like every annoying thing like ads on screen savers and automatically changing my theme but for pity's sake let us disable it.

My Roku Express + has neither the bouncing logo nor the music. So obviously different hardware has different loading screens.

mc510
Topic Author

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:13 am

dfgsrzwer wrote:
My Roku Express + has neither the bouncing logo nor the music. So obviously different hardware has different loading screens.

That is very interesting. Why would Roku not update the boot animation on older models, as part of the OS update?  Seems like as long as they're updating the OS a couple of times each year, it would be easy enough to also update the animation to whatever is used for current models.

Verta wrote:

Yeah, I actually hit "mute" on my TV remote every time it reboots so that I don't have to listen to that cheesy tune.