I have no issues with Netflix on my Sharp Roku TV either. I too am still on 7.7. Was using Netflix just yesterday. Although to be honest I'm thinking of dropping them. Annoyances like the auto-preview function, plus they just have less and less I want to watch. I haven't had any interest in any of their original programming, and that's the direction they are moving.
Yes I agree, the Netflix app is full of annoyances:
1) Auto preview, you can't even stop scrolling through titles without it playing preview videos with sound in the background.
2) Auto playback, you can't click on a title and read it's description before it starts playing the movie or episode in the background even though you have not chosen to press "Play" yet yourself.
3) You start a video and the player controls pop up and cover the screen for 3 seconds for no reason.
4) Now "Skip Recap" and "Skip Intro" buttons appear over videos with no option to disable.
5) Shrinking end credits to a tiny window and suggestions in your face of other things to watch also without an option to disable.
All of these things combine to make Netflix utterly annoying and useless, I miss the primitive Netflix app that just let you scroll and play videos without annoyances and interference with the videos.