Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

BradC
Topic Author

You broke my roku tv just to display intrusive ads I don't want?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 am

Now I can't use the (*) function button when flipping channels because now are hulu ads there that I don't want?  Functionality that I used to use all the time has been taken away to stick in more ads I don't want when I'm trying to just watch TV?

I don't want and will never have hulu,  these ads serve no purpose other than to annoy me and take away my ability to use the function button without manually closing this screen now.

How do I turn this awful spam feature off?   

MrDifficult

Re: You broke my roku tv just to display intrusive ads I don't want?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't understand what you mean.  

blade_005

Re: You broke my roku tv just to display intrusive ads I don't want?

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 pm

BradC wrote:
Now I can't use the (*) function button when flipping channels because now are hulu ads there that I don't want?  Functionality that I used to use all the time has been taken away to stick in more ads I don't want when I'm trying to just watch TV?

I don't want and will never have hulu,  these ads serve no purpose other than to annoy me and take away my ability to use the function button without manually closing this screen now.

How do I turn this awful spam feature off?   

That is part of the SMART TV EXPERIENCE feature that will inform you of other options (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc.) that you can view content in your Grid Guide (Past 7 days, Currently Airing and 14 days ahead).

You can turn the feature OFF in SETTINGS - PRIVACY - SMART TV EXPERIENCE.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)