Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ritpg77

Re: TCL optical audio issue

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 pm

I just got a TCL Series 6 TV yrsterday. I'm very happy with it. I also had a problem getting my Panasonic sound system to work while connected via optical cable. To fix it, I went into System, Control other devices (CEC) , and then I turned on ARC (HDMI 3), System audio control and System standby. I now get sound through my Panasonic sound system. I hope this helps everybody.

ritpg77

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 pm

By the way, I'm also controlling the volume on the Panasonic using the Roku controller. The Panasonic is an old unit. It can play CDs and DVDs. I have it connected to the TCL TV using an HDMI cable connected to HDMI 1 on the TV and using the optical cable cited above.

thann

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 pm

donjit wrote:
I have the TCL R617 and I have the Vizio SB3621n-E8 36" 2.1 Channel Soundbar System.  This soundbar has no HDMI so I'm using the optical connection. Bought an HDMI ARC Audio adapter.  Here's my connection:

Soundbar to HDMI ARC Audio adapter via optical cable --> HDMI ARC Audio adapter via HDMI-ARC on TV.  I am able to get the sound to come through on the soundbar but the ROKU TV remote can't control the volume of the soundbar.  The HDMI setting is set to 2.0 and CEC is picking up the Soundbar.

Also, when turning on the volume using the TV remote, it would only go to 21 (this has no effect on soundbar volume since as previously stated, the tv remote can't seem to control the volume up/down or turn it on).

Any idea why the ARC is not turning the sound bar on when I turn the TV and why I can't adjust the soundbar volume via the TV remote?

Thanks for any insight on this.

Having this same issue. Can't return the soundbar anymore so curious to know how to fix this as well.