Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

beancrisp
Topic Author

NBC channel will not load

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:28 pm

all it does is shows three white flashing dots in the middle of the screen. I left it on to see how long the lights would keep flashing and it has been at it for over three hours now.

QueenofallQueens

Re: NBC channel will not load

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm

I’m a little annoy it’s been like that for 2-3 days now. I’ve deleted it, rebooted both Rokus and added NBC back and nothing...

beancrisp
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 pm

QueenofallQueens wrote:
I’m a little annoy it’s been like that for 2-3 days now. I’ve deleted it, rebooted both Rokus and added NBC back and nothing...

If it does not start working soon I will start torrenting and I dare NBC to do anything about it.

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

beancrisp wrote:
QueenofallQueens wrote:

If it does not start working soon I will start torrenting and I dare NBC to do anything about it.

Or you could just get an antenna.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

beancrisp
Topic Author

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 am

Still not loading.  I am going to post this every time I try to access the channel.

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 am

beancrisp wrote:
Still not loading.  I am going to post this every time I try to access the channel.

Have you contacted NBC? They are the developers of the channel, not Roku. You'll get little to no results repeating yourself here.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

jdichosa

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

Same problem here with my Roku 3 and streaming stick. No problem using my apple TV though. Must be a compatibility issue with the NBC app for Roku.

AnitaG

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm

We're having the same issues. I contacted NBC. All they have is an online form you fill out. Then they send you an automated email reply saying they'll look into it. That kind of customer service is just frustrating....almost as frustrating as the app not working. 

offthegrid

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

It loads fine for me.  I've tried it a few times today after seeing this post.  I've got a P+

Caspertoo

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:00 am

It’s not working on either of my rokus, tried restarting, readding the channel and nothing. Same 3 dots. Get your $h!t together nbc

sparek

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 am

The NBC App also doesn't work if you are connecting through AT&T Wireless.

They must have something that blocks or filters connections based on your IP address.  That's all I can think of.

Would appear to be something specific to the NBC App (NBC News app works fine), but I don't know how to contact them to where they will listen.

AnitaG

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:39 pm

offthegrid wrote:
It loads fine for me.  I've tried it a few times today after seeing this post.  I've got a P+

We have 3 Roku Premier +, and 2 old school AV connection Rokus. The NBC app doesn't work on any of them......and hasn't for over a week. 

AnitaG

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm

sparek wrote:

They must have something that blocks or filters connections based on your IP address.  That's all I can think of.

Would appear to be something specific to the NBC App (NBC News app works fine), but I don't know how to contact them to where they will listen.

The NBC app works fine through Verizon Wireless, and playing shows through their website works. When I talked to Roku customer service, they told me streaming apps are different than mobile apps. That being the case and knowing NBC is a giant that won't listen to a few, we all need to bombard their online customer service form with complaints. 

beancrisp
Topic Author

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm

AnitaG wrote:
sparek wrote:

The NBC app works fine through Verizon Wireless, and playing shows through their website works. When I talked to Roku customer service, they told me streaming apps are different than mobile apps. That being the case and knowing NBC is a giant that won't listen to a few, we all need to bombard their online customer service form with complaints. 

Not working with Spectrum.

sparek

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:24 pm

AnitaG wrote:
When I talked to Roku customer service, they told me streaming apps are different than mobile apps.

Well, this is using the Roku Stick NBC app, not an NBC app on the phone.  The person using this doesn't have any other options for high speed Internet in their area, so they are using an unlimited hotspot added to their AT&T unlimited plan.

When this person tries to view any NBC show they get a voice telling them "This content is currently unavailable."

I actually posted about this back in September

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=105771

And while this may not be exactly what the OP is experiencing, I think it tends to prove that NBC - for whatever reason - is filtering connections based on what ISP those connections are coming from.  Perhaps NBC doesn't even know they are doing this.  But I do not know how to contact NBC in a format in which they will listen.