Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

apodtele
Topic Author

RF channel alongside PSIP virtual channel

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:42 am

Please show both virtual (PSIP) channel and physical RF(VHF/UHF) channel in the "Edit Channel Lineup" tool.

With FCC repack and channel sharing, I have seen examples when two virtual channels correspond to the same transmitter on the same frequency. I would like to hide those duplicates in the "Edit channel lineup" tool. Here is the actual example: WNJT (Channel 52) and WNJS (Channel 23) right now are exactly the same broadcasting on UHF 22 from the same location.

apodtele
Topic Author

Re: RF channel alongside PSIP virtual channel

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 am

Let me clarify. I love the "Edit channel lineup" tool, but the empty space below the preview window can be filled with some useful technical information:
- VHF or UHF band and physical channel (perhaps even frequency) as well as
- the signal strength either as bars or as actual dB.

apodtele
Topic Author

Re: RF channel alongside PSIP virtual channel

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:06 am

Phase 4 FCC repack is underway and I wish I had this feature now.

I know this is rather niche feature request but it would be cool if Roku TVs were more analytical and precise about the OTA broadcast. It just makes sense to display RF channel or even actual frequency and strength in dB to on Edit Channel Lineup so that it is easier to identify simulcast channels worth disabling. I am only asking to display it in "Edit Channel Lineup", which is rather advanced, and there is plenty of space on the screen for that.