Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RadioboyWV
Topic Author

Fox News suddenly not working

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am

Fox News Channel------I've had minor issues before, but generally, once I get the live-stream working it's been flawless until today. Now I suddenly can't keep it running. It comes on for 10 seconds and immediately goes to Unexpected error. -------what gives? Yes Internet is fine, all other channels are fine. Yes......removed channel, rebooted, put channel back in, rebooted all routers.......all that regular stuff.

RadioboyWV
Topic Author

Re: Fox News suddenly not working

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 am

Well..........NOT I can't' even get it to come on for 10 seconds..........pauses and immediately goes to "Unexpected error"

atc98092

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 pm

I don't believe there's been a firmware update within the last day or so. Sounds more like Fox is having server issues at their end. Not saying that it can't be the Roku, but when something like this happens with a particular channel it's often been the far end that had the problem.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

Greg_M

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 am

Tried to watch SOTU speech on Fox last night and had the same issues.
Using Roku 3

Misuteri

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:17 am

This just started with me as well.

I was getting it during commercial breaks and would relaunch and it would be fine.

Now I can't even get it to log in.

kydude

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 am

i logged out of the TV provider account and back in.  It is working now.  

jmee

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:08 am

I have had this issue for 6-8 months and Fox News is the only channel I can't watch on my TV's that are "powered" by Roku.  I have tried deleting the Fox News Channel and reinstalling it, but it still won't work.  I can Stream Fox news on my laptop and my iPhone.  I read one of the posts from March 5th that said they logged out of the TV provider account and logged back in, but I'm not sure how that is done.  Any ideas?

bvd1022

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:38 am

jmee wrote:
I have had this issue for 6-8 months and Fox News is the only channel I can't watch on my TV's that are "powered" by Roku.  I have tried deleting the Fox News Channel and reinstalling it, but it still won't work.  I can Stream Fox news on my laptop and my iPhone.  I read one of the posts from March 5th that said they logged out of the TV provider account and logged back in, but I'm not sure how that is done.  Any ideas?

I don't follow Fox News, but I remember reading this week from I believe Cord Cutters News that Fox is developing a new streaming service strictly for Fox News. While, it wouldn't explain the bugs with the app you guys have described, maybe their in the process of updating the app to include the new service. I know the article I read said they had launched a website for it, but I am not certain what the address is.

Miami Son

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:46 am

They heard you were complaining about their ads and cut you off. :)

mvaldez449

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:47 am

I was going to buy 3 more Roku's, not now. As far as I am concerned Roku does not like FOX so it messes with it's customers. So many people have the same problem it is just obvious. I will find something else that works and does not make me work to get a station. I also watch CNN and there is NEVER a problem. What's up with that!

DBDukes

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:37 am

mvaldez449 wrote:
I was going to buy 3 more Roku's, not now. As far as I am concerned Roku does not like FOX so it messes with it's customers. So many people have the same problem it is just obvious. I will find something else that works and does not make me work to get a station. I also watch CNN and there is NEVER a problem. What's up with that!

Or, you could realize the issue with the app was related to the app and service, not Roku. But believe what you feel like believing, regardless of the truth.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

Legierk

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:28 pm

So, other than "it may be a problem with Fox servers", do we really know what is causing this? I have done everything also, including signing out and back in of service provider. Immediately goes to "unexpected error". Does Roku know who we can contact at Fox? Surely someone has an email address for the person that is developing the app. For Pete's sake.

Greg_M

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:03 am

mvaldez449 wrote:

Obviously CNN is sabotaging Fox

RokuTannerD

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. We've passed this feedback along to Fox News. 

Please feel free to contact Fox News support to follow up and request further assistance with their channel. You can reach their support team here: 
https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

guitarmanrrg

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:16 pm

I'm so glad that you folks are looking into this. It has been driving nuts trying to get either the Fox news or the Fox business.
I've submitted a ticket to Fox news as well. I hope they don't drag their feet.
Thank you.