Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

aguero90

Re: MLB.TV 2018 on Roku devices

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:51 am

At least I'm not the only one!! Wasn't fixed last night! They didn't fix it with me on the phone. They said they had to put me up a "level of teck," but the wait was long. If you get a fix please let me know.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!

aguero90

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:12 am

Still not working, now I'm getting really upset, paying for a product I can't use! Mets, Tigets both blacked out, and I'm sure Yanks will do the same at 4.
Roku Ultra, Sharp AQUOS 80. Haven't missed a Yanks radio broadcast since I was 8 in 98. Go Yanks!

efitzgerald

Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:22 pm

I can't still can't watch the Yanks either, day 3 and no the problem hasn't been fixed.  Ready to ask for a refund!  Strange thing is I can watch the local teams that are normally blacked out (Baltimore, Philly and Washington).  So I am not sure what the deal is.

aguero90

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Mine doesn't do that, still blacked out correct Phils, but no Yanks, Mets and the weird one, no Tigers. I'm calling Monday, this is unacceptable! I think next year, I'm going to buy MLB Extra innings, since it comes with mlb.tv, then I'll be fine!

aguero90

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:26 pm

I called mlb again, after 40 minutes logging in and out, he says someone higher up will have to call me back! This is getting very annoying. If I didn't have the free preview of extra innings, I'd be missing all the Yanks.

aguero90

Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:35 am

Blackout issue is all fixed!! Can't test it with Yanks because of snowout, but Tigers game is working, and that was blacked out for me.

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:32 pm

aguero90 wrote:
Blackout issue is all fixed!! Can't test it with Yanks because of snowout, but Tigers game is working, and that was blacked out for me.

Great news to read! Glad you got it resolved and I hope that others with this issue get theirs fixed too.

Good news about the Yankee home opener being snowed out this afternoon is that there is no way for them to lose today. <smile>

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

Slugger

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 am

ehren88888 wrote:
3600R Stick

How long does it take Roku to fix the issue where the video spazzes out and freezes on a continuous loop? I have to press the pause button twice for it to stop. This issue has been going on at least a year!

^^^^ This!!!
I've got Roku 3 devices throughout the house and, since this year's update, the video has been glitchy. A quick pause and play fixes it up usually... until it happens again.  If support would just tell me a newer Roku would fix the issue then I'd upgrade to a Premiere since they seem to be on sale right now, but all I get from support is uninstall/reinstall channel then restart roku then reinstall the app again, then logout then reinstall, etc.  NHL.tv, YouTube, Netflix and Plex all still play back perfectly on my 3s but if it's simply a need to upgrade then I'd be willing to invest if it'll fix this problem.

EDIT: By support, I'm referring to mlb.tv support

steveh11284

Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Slugger wrote:
ehren88888 wrote:
3600R Stick

How long does it take Roku to fix the issue where the video spazzes out and freezes on a continuous loop? I have to press the pause button twice for it to stop. This issue has been going on at least a year!

^^^^ This!!!
I've got Roku 3 devices throughout the house and, since this year's update, the video has been glitchy. A quick pause and play fixes it up usually... until it happens again.  If support would just tell me a newer Roku would fix the issue then I'd upgrade to a Premiere since they seem to be on sale right now, but all I get from support is uninstall/reinstall channel then restart roku then reinstall the app again, then logout then reinstall, etc.  NHL.tv, YouTube, Netflix and Plex all still play back perfectly on my 3s but if it's simply a need to upgrade then I'd be willing to invest if it'll fix this problem.

EDIT: By support, I'm referring to mlb.tv support

I have a Premiere Plus and still get glitches, stutters, HD dropouts, etc. I have no issues with other streaming services. Just MLB.tv. Could be just luck but I just rewound my live stream like 30 seconds and it’s been working okay, so far.

Slugger

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Good to know.  Might be time to see if mlb will refund my money.  Doubt they will but I mean it's ridiculously frustrating this season.

mstat60

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello all,
I'm having some serious issues with the games freezing for 1-3 seconds and restarting.  I've got plenty of speed, 50 mbps or higher, great connection, all other apps work just fine.  I've been through the ringer with the MLBTV support people who provide zero solutions.  My question is, I'm watching with a ROKU 3 - which ROKU are you using with no issues?
Thanks very much for your reply!

aguero90

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 am

I have roku ultra, no feezing at all. 1 please wait screen for every 40 games maybe, but that's it. Using wired connection. I have RCN internet.

mstat60

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:33 am

Thanks for the info!  Is anyone else having success with an Ultra?  I'd be willing to buy two new Ultra's if I were assured they would correct the freezing/chopping.    

makaiguy

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:49 pm

makaiguy wrote:
Reminder re minimizing subscription costs

For the last several years, MLB has offered a half-off deal for the remainder of the MLB.TV season for a few days around both Mothers Day and Fathers Day. 

So for the last couple of years, here's what I've done.  I subscribe to MLB-At Bat (audio-only service, but does give you video for whatever they choose as the Game of the Day) for about $20/season.  I can get by for a while with Game of the Day when it features "my team", the nationally televised network games for my team, plus the occasional game when they play the local team where I live.  Then when the MLB.TV half-off deal is offered, I jump on it with both feet.

Either they didn't offer the Mothers Day deal this year, or I just missed it.  The Fathers Day half off deal is now in effect.
https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/?&affiliateId=MLBTVTAB
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100

CNote

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 am

[quote\]
On the Roku TV's it is a little different. you still press the "*" button on the remote and yes all the TV menu options will appear as you see.

In that option list scroll down to where it says "audio track" and you should be able to select radio overlay,  ballpark sound, Spanish radio (if available in that market) by toggling that option.

That's how I do it on my Insignia-Roku TV.

Let us know if you get it working.

--brett[/quote]

I tried that but there is no option for Ballpark Sound within the Audio Track selections.

The only instructions I've found this year are: "Alternate audio options for video are found in the video player settings menu (*)".

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate this option. In past years it was a clear option you could select from the game menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.