Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Re: MLB.TV 2018 on Roku devices

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm

CNote wrote:
[quote\]
On the Roku TV's it is a little different. you still press the "*" button on the remote and yes all the TV menu options will appear as you see.

In that option list scroll down to where it says "audio track" and you should be able to select radio overlay,  ballpark sound, Spanish radio (if available in that market) by toggling that option.

That's how I do it on my Insignia-Roku TV.

Let us know if you get it working.

--brett

I tried that but there is no option for Ballpark Sound within the Audio Track selections.

The only instructions I've found this year are: "Alternate audio options for video are found in the video player settings menu (*)".

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate this option. In past years it was a clear option you could select from the game menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.[/quote]

On my Insignia-Roku TV I can get the ball park sound but this year they have it labeled as "no linguistic" instead of "ballpark sound" which if selected as you scroll through the audio tracks gives you what used to be ballpark sound, no announcers, just the sounds of the game from the ballpark.. I just checked as I'm watching the Yankee game and selecting "no linguistic" gives me the ball park sound only.

Let me know if that works on your Insignia-Roku TV.

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

CNote

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:47 pm

DaBronx wrote:
CNote wrote:
[quote\]
On the Roku TV's it is a little different. you still press the "*" button on the remote and yes all the TV menu options will appear as you see.

In that option list scroll down to where it says "audio track" and you should be able to select radio overlay,  ballpark sound, Spanish radio (if available in that market) by toggling that option.

That's how I do it on my Insignia-Roku TV.

Let us know if you get it working.

--brett

I tried that but there is no option for Ballpark Sound within the Audio Track selections.

The only instructions I've found this year are: "Alternate audio options for video are found in the video player settings menu (*)".

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate this option. In past years it was a clear option you could select from the game menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

On my Insignia-Roku TV I can get the ball park sound but this year they have it labeled as "no linguistic" instead of "ballpark sound" which if selected as you scroll through the audio tracks gives you what used to be ballpark sound, no announcers, just the sounds of the game from the ballpark.. I just checked as I'm watching the Yankee game and selecting "no linguistic" gives me the ball park sound only.

Let me know if that works on your Insignia-Roku TV.

--brett[/quote]
That worked! Thanks Brett.

DaBronx
Topic Author

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:09 pm

MLB.TV is now offering an "All Star Game" discount rate of $39.99 for the rest of the season. Half the season for forty bucks for the rest of the season seems like a great deal unless you are waiting for the annual offer usually appearing around Labor Day for the rest of the season sale for $10.00

Link to $39.99 for the rest of the season offer on MLB website @ [url=MLB.TV is now offering an "All Star Game" discount rate of $39.99 for the rest of the season. Half the season for forty bucks for the rest of the season seems like a great deal unless you are waiting for the annual offer usually appearing around Labor Day rest of the season sale for the $10.00 Link to offer on MLB website @ https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/s ... EDIACENTER]https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe?&affiliateId=MEDIACENTER[/url]

MLB.TV app has been working great for me on my Roku TV the first half of this 2018 season and hope it continues to be solid and steady streams through the end of the year.

Go Yankees!

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

cheetah236

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:04 pm

I can't overstate how much I hate Roku for the way they've ruined the MLBTV experience. I've been paying $120-ish per year for the privilege of watching commercial-free baseball and purchased the Roku device (my third) for access to the app.  I'm now looking at alternatives so I can get rid of the Roku's I have. I used to be able to watch baseball commercial free. Now there is a commercial before the game starts that I can't skip and commercials during every break. Used to be able to change to other audio so commercials would at least be silent but they've now removed that option, too. They're all Roku-originated commercials - none show up on my computer app.

I have a list of all companies that are advertised during these commercials and am boycotting them but they'll never know I am or why. So getting rid of Roku is the only alternative. Can anyone suggest an alternative that doesn't try to re-monetize me every moment of use? I'm scaring my neighbors with my screamed obscenities every time a commercial comes on my PREMIUM subscription.

makaiguy

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:14 am

cheetah236 wrote:
Used to be able to change to other audio so commercials would at least be silent but they've now removed that option, too

Press * to bring up the options screen.  Move down to the Audio option.  Press Select several times to get the third option for the audio from the radio broadcast. Move down to the last option and hit Select. 
I still get some commercials from the local radio broadcast, but sometimes it goes silent.  I suspect some advertisers pay MLB and some don't.  But frankly, I'd rather have the commercials than dead air - at least I know my connection didn't die.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100

mikebdoss

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:30 pm

cheetah236 wrote:
I can't overstate how much I hate Roku for the way they've ruined the MLBTV experience. I've been paying $120-ish per year for the privilege of watching commercial-free baseball and purchased the Roku device (my third) for access to the app.  I'm now looking at alternatives so I can get rid of the Roku's I have. I used to be able to watch baseball commercial free. Now there is a commercial before the game starts that I can't skip and commercials during every break. Used to be able to change to other audio so commercials would at least be silent but they've now removed that option, too. They're all Roku-originated commercials - none show up on my computer app.

I have a list of all companies that are advertised during these commercials and am boycotting them but they'll never know I am or why. So getting rid of Roku is the only alternative. Can anyone suggest an alternative that doesn't try to re-monetize me every moment of use? I'm scaring my neighbors with my screamed obscenities every time a commercial comes on my PREMIUM subscription.

MLB created and maintains the MLB.tv app for Roku - Major League Baseball made the changes you're complaining about, not Roku. 

Looks like it's time to boycott the MLB, then. 

LloydLungs

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Ooof... not good.  The new update is not good.  Being forced to watch a commercial every time you switch games is nasty stuff.  It's already hard enough to recreate the "flipping channels" effect since you have to leave game-main menu-click new game already (unlike the NBA app where it shows you the other games beneath the one you're watching and you can switch games with one click).  It took a very cumbersome process and makes it more so.  Ouch.