Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Hmd-

Re: Screen Saver Weather Time missing weather?

Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks for the link! We have gotten used to having this screen saver. Missed it and so happy to have it back!

overtimeman

Mon May 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Yep,love this screen saver so much we leave it on all night.Always waking up during the night several times and so easy to see the time and temperature from any position since the TV is mounted high.Using the dim and green setting it's not intrusive at all!Nothing but love for my Roku!  
I used to have a life before Roku!

DubTaylor

Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 am

I have tried many local zip codes - the last one 20001 (Washington, D.C.). I can only assume at this point 9.0 broke it on my Roku Ultra (4660) 'cause since the day it updated the trusty CLOC with Weather can only display The Clock.

... great sadness...

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Did you try the private version? https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

The Channel Store version may remain broken for a while until I rewrite it using the new SDK. The issue is so minor I'm not sure why weather.gov has a problem with the request for data, so it may start working again.

-JT

DubTaylor

Wed May 15, 2019 2:21 pm

renojim wrote:
Did you try the private version?  https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

The Channel Store version may remain broken for a while until I rewrite it using the new SDK.  The issue is so minor I'm not sure why weather.gov has a problem with the request for data, so it may start working again.

-JT

That fixed it.

I had the private screensaver installed, but somehow that got uninstalled in favor of the public version (must have deleted that one at least 10 times in the past) and when I loaded a new one with the link up this thread I didn't notice it was for the public version. Roku cares not about private versions apparently. When they did a sweeping upgrade my private cloc was replaced with the public cloc <--- and, of course, that one is busted.

Sadness averted...

:)

Sp8rk

Sun May 19, 2019 10:03 am

renojim wrote:
Ok, it looks like weather.gov is finally switching to HTTPS.  I've fixed the private version; get it here:
https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

If you weren't using it before, you'll have to select it from the screensaver settings and go through the "Custom settings" again.

I'll try to update the public (channel store) version, but who knows how long that will take or if it's even possible since I haven't updated it to use the new Roku SDK (shudders).

-JT

Thanks for the fix. I've missed this screensaver.

DeVonnall

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:04 am

This was driving my daughter & I crazy as well! Thank you for the link to the private screen saver it fixed it for us.