Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mark96

Re: “Launch failed” and “can’t run channel”

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Whats wrong with roku device? my aunt lives in Chicago IL, she owns a Roku fire stick device. each time when she try to stream any video, it say's streaming failed?

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:22 pm

mark96 wrote:
Whats wrong with roku device? my aunt lives in Chicago IL, she owns a Roku fire stick device. each time when she try to stream any video, it say's streaming failed?

Does she own a Roku Stick or a Fire Stick. Roku Sticks aren't Fire Sticks, just like Chevrolets aren't Fords.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

uniolix

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:04 pm

I've had this problem on two Roku (Ultra and a 4) devices for over a year with multiple versions of the software. I've never seen an explanation or a fix. The error messages don't make sense because I always have a good network connection, and plenty of space on the devices. My only reliable action to correct the problem is to restart the device which usually lasts for a day or two until I need to do it again. The boot time is long, the little song maddening, but I put up with it because I don't have any other choice.

If anyone is interested in looking into this problem I'll be happy to invest my time and devices to help. If anyone has a solution, please post it here because I'm tired of restarting.

Thanks. 

philipdavetas

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:17 pm

I just started getting this on Google apps (Google Play and Youtube). I have an Insignia Roku TV. I set it back to factory settings and that worked for a day. Then it started with the "can't load channel" routine. Then I saw there was an update and that fixed nothing. All other Roku devices work fine.

Union, KY

RokuTannerD

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi there, 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with those channels. Have you contacted Google Play or YouTube support yet to report the issue and request additional support they may be able to provide? Does this occur with any other channels on your device? 

I'd also recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku TV home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart and restart your TV. Once it loads up again, try adding the channels back once more and see if this resolves the issue. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Kimmyann

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi Roku Tanner D..... I see you keep asking questions such as where are you, what device, have you rebooted, have u deleted app reboot device then try to install again, etc.... I dont know if u jave been actually reading back yo previous posts, some of which u have already replied to, but clearly u do t have an answer as to why we are all experiencing this because u keep asking the same questions and if u look back EVERYONE HAS ALREADY TRIED EVERY OPTION THERE IS YET ITS STILL HAPPENING NON STOP... Yes i am one this is happening to as well and it always seems to be the important channels it happens too. I had also noticed that even though i delete an app on my roku directly and reboot the device, i have noticed that in the roku app online when i log in on my cell phone to my.roku.com and i look at my apps (because i was going to try and install there instead) it said my app was already installed,. So i assumed maybe it was because i just deleted it so it wasnt showing on the app yet. So i waited a couple days and went back on the site and it STILL said the app was already installed when indeed it is not as when im on my roku device it is not there and has the option to ADD channel... Maybe there is something wrong with the My.roku.com site and its synchronization between itself and the Roku device?? I dont know but CLEARLY something is NOT right. I went from like 390 apps down to 250 apps, thats 150 apps deleted so even thogh the message says we need to delete apps to make room, it appears it is DEFINITELY nothing to do with deleting apps at all. Is there anyone you (Roku Tanner D} can bring this issue up with that can help you figure out what is REALLY going on here. We pay a bit of money to have these devices and pay for monthly subscriptions to stream on these devices that we earn that much otherwise people will just be forced to turn to a different streaming device and that will in turn cause Roku to lose a LOT of business and that would be a shame cuz aside from this issue, i do (as im sut6e others will agree) like what Roku has to offer and the platform itself so i wouldnt want to be forced into entirely new brands of devices over an issue no one seems to be looking into and instead keeps asking if we are at fault for doing things incorrectly. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP SOLVE THIS SYSTEM FAILURE ROKU SEEMS TO BE HAVING ACROSS THE GLOBE!!!!!! THANK YOU ;) :) ;)

RokuTannerD

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:08 am

Thanks for your post here. I apologize for the experience you're running into. In order to gather more information and better understand the specific issue you're seeing, we need more information about your device setup, attempted troubleshooting steps, and account/regional location info to help clarify further, and allow us to provide additional troubleshooting guidance. 

There many different factors to take into consideration that may cause a message like that to appear, depending on usage, etc—the cause of which may not be the same in all cases. This is why it is important for us to gather more information. 

If you have followed the troubleshooting steps outlined in previous posts without success and are still experiencing the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, more information about the troubleshooting you've attempted, and cite the specific channel(s) you're trying to add when you receive an error. I'd be happy to follow up with you from there to continue investigating the issue and provide additional options if needed. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

CLeighScott

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:53 am

I am experiencing the exact same issues as the previous poster!  I have sent a PM to you.  Please. Assist.