Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

atc98092

Re: TCL roku tv keeps dropping internet connection

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 pm

I strongly suggest you remove your email address from your post. That is a guaranteed way to get hammered by spam, and this forum is particularly bad with spammers. 
As to your problem, it's something that has been acknowledged and is being worked on. Roku never provides information about how long it might take. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), and Ultra (4640), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL

oitdmser

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 pm

I am having the same issue. I connect, can usually stream for 30-40 minutes, then "No Connection." At this point: 
• Visiting the WiFi setup screen shows zero available WiFi networks. 
• Wireless secret screen gives error 014.20
• In the WiFi secret menu (Home Button 5x, then up, down, up, down, up): All bars are zero, no signal whatsoever.

Sometimes a combination of reseting the chip, driver and reloading the driver gets it to work, although it's not consistent as to what works. As hard reset gets it to work again.

During normal operation:
WiFi Secret menu:
RSSI: -38dBm Noise: -64dBm SNR: 27db RATE: MCS11
Signal strength 24
Antenna 1: 54
Antenna 2: 58
50% of the time glitches happen, up to a rate of 88-100/sec

VUDU speed test maxes out, over 5Mb/s continuous

caconiam

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:12 am

55 inch tcl roku tv.. problem started yesterday. It appears to drop the signal or freezes. When I get the messages that there is no connection and I check the connection, there IS a connection?!?! When the picture freezes I have to turn the tv off. I've physically pulled the plug, and restarted the TV in settings.. still same problem...any ideas?

RokuTannerDB

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks for continuing to keep us posted with what you're observing. 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account and device details (Roku account email address & Roku TV serial number from Settings>System>About), along with specific details of the issue you're running into, any error messages you see, and information about any home wireless network troubleshooting you have tried. I'll follow up directly to provide additional support as we look into these reports. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

southern gal

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Similar problem. Except it happens when i TURN ON the tv. TCL ROKU TV.   Power on and there is no connection. This tv has an Ethernet connection via Ethernet cable and wireless is available but I want to use Ethernet due to other wireless devices in the home. 

I have to do a power > restart before the connection will work. 

Rather annoying. 
Please help. 

Ps This just started happening recently. Within a month 

redtommy76

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:49 am

Disable network pings with special key menu access.  Home 5x, FF, PLAY, FF, RWD, PLAY, FF (must go thru sequence quickly).  'Platform Secret Screen' will appear.  Go to 'System Operations Menu' then select 'Disable network pings'.  It may or may not pause then reboot. Also try the Bit-Rate Override menu. Home 5x, RWD 3x, FF 2x. Choose the 'Automatic' option.

RedwoodReb

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 am

Another victim.. please post when fixed.. just updated to V 174

apodtele

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Nobody reports their WiFi router make/model.  Please do.

Kopite

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 am

apodtele wrote:

With the loads of people experiencing this (including me) please explain why you think we all have problematic routers.
Every time I call TCL about this issue they repeatedly blame Roku's software updates.  I really like Roku but this is getting ridiculous.

DBDukes

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 am

Kopite wrote:
apodtele wrote:

With the loads of people experiencing this (including me) please explain why you think we all have problematic routers.
Every time I call TCL about this issue they repeatedly blame Roku's software updates.  I really like Roku but this is getting ridiculous.

You ever think that maybe there's something common about them? No, you didn't think about that. Troubleshooters do. They gather as much information as they can, look for common things in uncommon places, and develop a plan of action. Then, based on the results of the plan, they analyze the new information, compare with the old, and formulate new plans. But, it's only useful if people cooperate. Maybe you'll find someone who will troubleshoot and overlook your lack of cooperation and help you find the cause and a solution.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

oitdmser

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:22 pm

I was having issues with my RokuTV when I had my Apple Airport router (nothing else had issues, only the TV) and I recently upgraded to a UniFi system and the issue persists.

Kopite

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 am

DBDukes wrote:
Kopite wrote:
apodtele wrote:

You ever think that maybe there's something common about them? No, you didn't think about that. Troubleshooters do. They gather as much information as they can, look for common things in uncommon places, and develop a plan of action. Then, based on the results of the plan, they analyze the new information, compare with the old, and formulate new plans. But, it's only useful if people cooperate. Maybe you'll find someone who will troubleshoot and overlook your lack of cooperation and help you find the cause and a solution.

LOL! Really touched a nerve- you shouldn't be so sensitive. :) 
Have read lots of posts on these boards about the same issue and also saw some responses from Roku representatives.  This is known issue for months and still no fix?
Hopefully your free and independent research will fix this because Roku sure isn't making any headway!  With multitude of devices that require and maintain constant connectivity it is disappointing that this has not been resolved yet.  Here's hoping for the best.

DBDukes

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 am

Kopite wrote:
LOL! Really touched a nerve- you shouldn't be so sensitive. :) 

Have read lots of posts on these boards about the same issue and also saw some responses from Roku representatives.  This is known issue for months and still no fix?

Hopefully your free and independent research will fix this because Roku sure isn't making any headway!  With multitude of devices that require and maintain constant connectivity it is disappointing that this has not been resolved yet.  Here's hoping for the best.

Touched a nerve? What? No, I'm just pointing out that a jack*** that doesn't want to cooperate with those offering help won't get much help.

My Roku works. I'm not researching this issue. I don't give a rat's *** if your Roku works.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

RokuTannerDB

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:19 am

@RedwoodReb @oitdmser @Kopite 

Sorry to hear about the frustrations! As I mentioned previously, please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Roku TV. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how else we may be able to assist. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

gymmie

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:33 pm

@Tanner

Did you get my PM?