Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

brennus390
Topic Author

Spectrum TV App

Fri May 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Installed Spectrum TV app on Roku Express but when I open it, it opens for about 10 seconds, then closes. There's no login screen. I've tried removing the app and re-adding it but get the same result.

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Spectrum TV App

Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Try removing the app, rebooting the Roku, and adding the app again.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

brennus390
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 pm

I've tried that several times. I've removed the app, unplugged the roku for 5 minutes, re-installed the app -- no change, there's no opportunity to login, it just crashes.

optikhog

Sun May 27, 2018 4:29 am

brennus390 wrote:
I've tried that several times. I've removed the app, unplugged the roku for 5 minutes, re-installed the app -- no change, there's no opportunity to login, it just crashes.

There is no login for this app - it is set up to look at your cable modem to confirm that you are an actual customer and then take you straight in. I have found this to be a bit flaky in execution.

I've seen this off and on - a call to Spectrum fixed the issue last time. I don't know specifically what the tech did, but he put me on hold for a few minutes and then asked me to try again and it worked.

steelersrule

Mon May 28, 2018 12:25 pm

optikhog wrote:
brennus390 wrote:

There is no login for this app - it is set up to look at your cable modem to confirm that you are an actual customer and then take you straight in. I have found this to be a bit flaky in execution.

I've seen this off and on - a call to Spectrum fixed the issue last time. I don't know specifically what the tech did, but he put me on hold for a few minutes and then asked me to try again and it worked.

Spectrum must have changed the way it worked then.  With the app on my ROKU's, although it has worked fine for a long time now, you must sign in with your username and password, as you would if you were using Spectrum's online website, to view your bill, etc...

Tracymarie_15

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 pm

I have spectrum internet and the app only goes to a blue spectrum screen and then routes back to the roku home screen. I can never log in. Have you found a fix for this?