Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Re: Amazon Prime not working

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Ritesh wrote:
I have a roku device bought in USA and my amazon prime videos app was set up with amazon.com.
Now when I connect the same roku device in India, I cannot connect my prime videos from India (amazon.in). It always go to amazon USA videos by default.
Is there a way to connect amazon india to roku now?

Amazon may not be available in India on the Roku.  You'll need to contact Amazon support directly.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

Ritesh

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:46 am

RokuShawnS wrote:
Ritesh wrote:
I have a roku device bought in USA and my amazon prime videos app was set up with amazon.com.
Now when I connect the same roku device in India, I cannot connect my prime videos from India (amazon.in). It always go to amazon USA videos by default.

Amazon may not be available in India on the Roku.  You'll need to contact Amazon support directly.

I really doubt that. Prime videos are big in India and it is next to impossible that roku is not offering it in India. If they are not, it is stupid business decision. Though i will check  with amazon.

atc98092

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 am

Ritesh wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:
Ritesh wrote:

I really doubt that. Prime videos are big in India and it is next to impossible that roku is not offering it in India. If they are not, it is stupid business decision. Though i will check  with amazon.

Prime might be available in India, but that doesn't mean it's available on a Roku. Amazon has control over what is available on each device. It's not controlled by Roku. They might be pushing their own players and restricting other brands. They can't get away with that in the US (anti-trust issues) but companies do restrict what can be played on a Roku in other countries. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

metta4

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 am

i have tried all of the suggested ways of troubleshooting this problem and frankly i pay quite a bit of money for the extra channels on my amazon prime account. i sincerely think that there must be a big or an update that roku needs to figure out here because i have about reached my patience quota with this issue. hey roku: help. either figure out a fix, patch, update, whatever you need to do, or come up with a newer version and send us all one free of charge! yes of course at first it seems like an amazon problem. but no, it isn’t. is there a software genius at roku who despises amazon prime and is playing with us? and of course roku doesn’t take responsibility or action because we are stuck with them. i never, and i mean NEVER get involved with any forums and i bet i’ve done this all wrong. but if not, and anyone can read this, please respond. i want to swear but i won’t. some of us are crippled and these shows are the most enjoyable for me because i love foreign shows. these shows are also an escape and a break from reading. ok i’ve said plenty. and i have done so one, because i need to vent, and two - THE most important reason: i hope but doubt that roku will do something about this for us amazon prime fans. comments are very much welcomed. and i am unsure why the below from someone else seems to be attached as if i agree but i don’t. so cheers people. and let’s lean on roku for a solution!

Basil wrote:
You've been around a bit, and have run Amazon (now Prime Video) for some time. So, yeah, something odd must be going on.

You should know that do not need an SD card (actually, microSD card) to run any app on Roku. Now, it may have suggested you add a microSD card, but  really suspect it didn't say you need one. 

Remember that when there are a lot of apps on a Roku device, and when you then launch an app that takes up a lot of space, it may need to remove some less-used (or, actually, longest time since used) apps. That will cause a notice that a microSD card may be suggested. But it is not required. If you get such a message again, actually write down what it says. Take a picture, if necessary. If it's saying a microSD card (or SD card) is required, share the exact wording, and, if possible, a screen shot.

Now, if I'm reading correctly, you've removed Amazon (Prime Video) from your Roku. If that's the case, ensure it's fully removed by rebooting the Roku.

Next, on your computer, log in to Amazon. Go to the Registered Devices page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/your-devices/)

Scroll down and remove any that could refer to your Roku device(s).

Log out of Amazon on your browser. Remove all cookies and Local Storage for Amazon, or any Website that contains "amazon" in its URL.

Install the Amazon app on your Roku. Do not launch it yet.

Go to the Registered Devices page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/your-devices/)

Scroll down and confirm there are still no items that could refer to the Roku you attempted to install. 

On your Roku, launch the Amazon app.

Select the option to register via the Website, using the Register New Device button at the top of the page.

Let us know what happens. If anything goes wrong in these steps, let us know where.

metta4

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 am

i have tried all of the suggested ways of troubleshooting this problem and frankly i pay quite a bit of money for the extra channels on my amazon prime account. i sincerely think that there must be a big or an update that roku needs to figure out here because i have about reached my patience quota with this issue. hey roku: help. either figure out a fix, patch, update, whatever you need to do, or come up with a newer version and send us all one free of charge! yes of course at first it seems like an amazon problem. but no, it isn’t. is there a software genius at roku who despises amazon prime and is playing with us? and of course roku doesn’t take responsibility or action because we are stuck with them. i never, and i mean NEVER get involved with any forums and i bet i’ve done this all wrong. but if not, and anyone can read this, please respond. i want to swear but i won’t. some of us are crippled and these shows are the most enjoyable for me because i love foreign shows. these shows are also an escape and a break from reading. ok i’ve said plenty. and i have done so one, because i need to vent, and two - THE most important reason: i hope but doubt that roku will do something about this for us amazon prime fans. comments are very much welcomed. and i am unsure why the below from someone else seems to be attached as if i agree but i don’t. so cheers people. and let’s lean on roku for a solution!

DBDukes

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am

metta4 wrote:

Nowhere in all that is there a description of the issue, nor any description of your Roku device. So, if you have s problem, tell us what is is and let’s see if we can figure out how to fix it.

1. What’s the problem? Describe the issue. Don’t offer commentary. That’s just noise. Stay with the facts and describe the problem.

2. What Roku device? Give the model number. Include the Roku software version and build. Also, the app version would be a good thing to include.

3. Where are you? Country is usually sufficient. If you are near a national border, mention that.

4. Are you using a VPN? If so, tell why.

Let’s stsrt with that and see what we can do.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)