Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DanMcCabeTX
Topic Author

Roku Channel Autoplay

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:55 am

I've been watching some TV series on the Roku Channel.
Thanks very much for the content. I really enjoy it.
Is there a way to turn off the automatic play of the next episode?

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Re: Roku Channel Autoplay

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Currently, none that I'm aware of.  Most channels on the Roku platform function this way.

I can send a feature request to the higher ups for this tomorrow morning.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

Emissary35

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 am

Send a request that when you design a feature it comes with an off option as well. It's moronic to force autoplay thinking everyone actually wants that. It never ceases to amaze me how designers who are supposdely very smart lack total common sense.

Emissary35

Wed May 22, 2019 2:41 am

Is there still no way to turn autoplay off after all of these months??? Does Roku even care?

RokuTannerD

Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 am

@Emissary35

Thanks for following up. To help clarify the answer here, autoplay functionality is determined within each channel, by the channel developer. This is not a Roku system feature as of now. 

Most channels (apps) that offer this feature provide the ability to enable or disable it within their individual 'Settings' menu inside the channel. I'd recommend following up with any specific channel provider for more information and assistance with adjusting any setting within their channel.

Edit* - I will pass along this feedback to our team regarding The Roku Channel. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

blade_005

Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 am

RokuTannerD wrote:
@Emissary35

Thanks for following up. To help clarify the answer here, autoplay functionality is determined within each channel, by the channel developer. This is not a Roku system feature as of now. 

Most channels (apps) that offer this feature provide the ability to enable or disable it within their individual 'Settings' menu inside the channel. I'd recommend following up with any specific channel provider for more information and assistance with adjusting any setting within their channel.

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner,

More specifically it would be nice if Roku offered the ability to toggle AutoPlay ON or OFF on the content that you they are offering. I don't subscribe to any 'Channels' thru Roku, but I do stream ad-supported content that Roku makes available thru The Roku Channel. There currently is no ability to turn OFF Autoplay. It can be frustrating to begin watching Episode 4 of a series at night and if you doze off you may wake up and now you are half-way through streaming Episode 6. With a Roku TV I have learned my lesson and use the SLEEP TIMER feature and set it to 1 hour when I begin watching a 42 minute episode at night. Worse case then is I may go 18 minutes into the next episode.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)

twiceover

Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 am

RokuTannerD wrote:
@Emissary35

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner,
The OP specifically mentioned "The Roku Channel".  So I think they are looking for you to pass that onto Roku.

RokuTannerD

Wed May 22, 2019 11:37 am

@twiceover

Thanks for the clarification. Edited my previous post and will share the feedback!

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

blade_005

Wed May 22, 2019 1:03 pm

RokuTannerD wrote:
@twiceover

Thanks for the clarification. Edited my previous post and will share the feedback!

Cheers,
Tanner

Tanner,

If you are passing along feature requests and/or feedback to THE ROKU CHANNEL development team, the ability to create USER PROFILES and add TV SERIES and MOVIES to a MY LIST section of a created USER PROFILE would be a very useful addition.

Thanks.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)