Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mobo796

Re: HDCP error

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:39 am

i have a 2017 vizio m55 purchased 2 months ago and a roku stick purchased 2 weeks ago. when i try to watch any channel i get a hdcp error 20. i've tried everything suggested by roku and nothing has worked. roku recognizes the tv as 1080p-1.4 hdcp. but the tv doesn't recognize roku. the stick gets really hot when plugged in the vizio, also, the stick works in our old sony. 
what can i do?

mudbone

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 am

I own a Samsung UN55ES8000 tv (2012 model / 1080p) with a Roku Ultra. I suspect this is a Roku firmware problem. The issue mainly exists in the CBS All Access channel so I blamed it for awhile but now I think this is totally Roku's bug. I've tried everything to fix it from factory resetting the Roku to changing out the hdmi cable but nothing has fixed the problem. Is there anyway to go backwards on the firmware then stop it from updating? I purchased this Roku Ultra at the end of 2017 and got my subscription for CBS All Access in the first month of 2018 and this was not an issue until sometime in the summer of 2018. I also have two other TV's with the same model of Roku Ultra but I don't use them very often but I have seen the hdcp error occasionally on one of them. It shows up when I turn the TV back on while the Roku was still running in the background. This is a very annoying problem and Roku needs to fix it.

BaconTwo4Actual

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 am

I'm currently running a 3600X stick with 8.1 build 4145-24 and have recently started getting hdcp errors on everything I try to do on the Roku.
This Roku stick has worked flawlessly for about a year then out of the blue it refuses to play anything.

I have done the "corrective" action about 100 times, I've factory reset the stick, factory reset my TV...

I doubt the HDMI ports are bad, as I can get to the home screen of Roku, just can't stream anything.

This is absolutely infuriating.
If roku support doesn't fix this soon, and get away from their script, Amazon will get my money as I will go buy a firestick.

cjbx7

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 am

I have a Sony X900E with a Sony DNR-1080 Receiver connected to it. All the receiver inputs are capable of moving HDCP 2.2 signals. Two of the TV's HDMI inputs can be "Enhanced", capable of displaying 4k HDR HDCP 2.2 images.

I recently bought a 2018 version of the Premiere. If I try to set it up using one of my AVR's "Enhanced" inputs, the Roku indicates I do not have a HDCP 2.2 input and reverts to 1080p. If I force thee Roku into 4K HDR mode, the screen turns black every few seconds and is unusable.

If I plug the Roku directly into the TV's "Enhanced" HDMI input it immediately shows that I do in fact have 4K HDR at 60 HZ.

I too have jumped through the troubleshooting hoops suggested by Roku to no avail. My firmware is 8.11 -  build 6021-91.

atc98092

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 pm

cjbx7 wrote:
I have a Sony X900E with a Sony DNR-1080 Receiver connected to it. All the receiver inputs are capable of moving HDCP 2.2 signals. Two of the TV's HDMI inputs can be "Enhanced", capable of displaying 4k HDR HDCP 2.2 images.

I recently bought a 2018 version of the Premiere. If I try to set it up using one of my AVR's "Enhanced" inputs, the Roku indicates I do not have a HDCP 2.2 input and reverts to 1080p. If I force thee Roku into 4K HDR mode, the screen turns black every few seconds and is unusable.

If I plug the Roku directly into the TV's "Enhanced" HDMI input it immediately shows that I do in fact have 4K HDR at 60 HZ.

I too have jumped through the troubleshooting hoops suggested by Roku to no avail. My firmware is 8.11 -  build 6021-91.

There has to be a setting somewhere in the Sony that isn't correct if the Roku works fine connected directly to the TV. I have never owned a Sony AVR, so have no idea what the menu structure looks like. With my Yamaha, I had to enter an advanced menu only available at power-on and change a setting for 4K/60 to work wtih my Ultra.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

sawood

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:14 am

I have the same issue with a brand new Roku Express. I am connected to a Logik TV (budget brand). I am running 8.1.0 build 4590-51.

Every time I wake the TV from standby I have to restart the Roku to regain audio. This is entirely useless and unacceptable. I believe it is an HDCP issue because the Amazon Prime video channel briefly flashes up an HDCP error if that is playing at the time.

I have a Roku LT also running 8.1.0 over HDMI and this has no similar issue. Why on earth should I have to use an 8+ year old product instead of my brand new device running the same software?

Have tried forcing Audio settings to Stereo, disabling 1-touch player etc.

I would appreciate any advice on how to resolve please. Thank you.

mudbone

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Ok I figured this out on my TV. Keep in mind "nothing" else has worked from the cable disconnect advice to factory resetting the Roku. Sorry if this is a repeat of what someone else reported but I've spent way too much time on this stupid problem and don't have time to read all the posts. I HAVE A LIFE:-)

Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate and check Disable.

I have not had the HDCP error since changing that setting. I hope this helps someone else.

Telluv

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:16 am

Your fix 

Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate and check Disable. 

Worked for me.  Thank You

MaxH42

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 am

Unfortunately, there is no "Advanced display settings" under "Advanced system settings" on my 4200X boxes, and one of them has this error every session, meaning every time I turn on that TV. At least I've gotten fast hitting Home, Up, OK, Down x4 (to Display type), OK, changing the aspect ratio (which causes the screen to momentarily black out and seems to reset the HDCP handshake), then OK, Home, OK, OK, OK to get back to my show. I can usually do that in about 15 seconds or so.

mrpicklesokay

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:32 am

I am having the same issue on my TCL Roku TV 55S401.
It's 4K and HDR ready but my Xbox One S doesn't detect 4K resolution and I get HDCP errors when trying to play Blu-ray movies.

benkeser

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:20 pm

mobo796 wrote:
i have a 2017 vizio m55 purchased 2 months ago and a roku stick purchased 2 weeks ago. when i try to watch any channel i get a hdcp error 20. i've tried everything suggested by roku and nothing has worked. roku recognizes the tv as 1080p-1.4 hdcp. but the tv doesn't recognize roku. the stick gets really hot when plugged in the vizio, also, the stick works in our old sony. 
what can i do?

I have a Vizio Model E55-F1/Version 1.1.17.1/Resolution 3840x2160/Vertical Frequency:60 with a Roku stick plus. . I occasionally get the HDCP 2.2 error - and it appears that I see it when the station is transitioning between a show and a commercial - or vice versa. The screen stays up for 10 seconds or so and then disappears and I am right back to the show. Over the course of a day I see it 3-5 times. I've changed some TV settings with no fix.

bjd223

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:31 pm

I also get this error sporadically. I have a Roku 3 running the latest OS and a Vizio M50-D1 TV.

I have tried swapping out the device with another Roku 3, replacing all the cables, testing the cat6 run in the wall with a certifier, resetting the Rokus, resetting my router, changing my router, resetting my TV.

The issue happens randomly, could be 5 times an hour or 1 time in 2 days. Seems completely random.

I'm in the market for a new 4K streaming box, which I have decided on the nVidia Sheild TV due to this issue. Sad that switching MFG is the only way to fix it.

th0r34uX

Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am

Ok I have an LG webOS TV UJ6300. And I have been having this issue for months and finally decided to look into it and it's not so much the tv I own as it is my roku devices (I have 2 of them). I tried the disconnecting cables power cycling BS that have read about and it did nothing what so ever. Here is what I did that did work for me. From the roku home screen/menu scroll down to settings. Then to "display type". Select 4K HDR 60Hz TV. At this point it will run a little test. Mine was gailing the 4k HDR at 30 frames per second. Portion of the test. So I selected the Force output to 4K UHD HDR option. And then selected yes my screen looks good when it asked and now I'm golden. Haven't had a single issue since. I hope this will help some of you guys.