Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodeacres

Re: How to find or change my Roku pin code

Jump to solution

I can't find my link code. The Roku stick has been setup for years and I wrote down the Link Code but it will not work. I need it to add channels to my T.V. Can someone help?

Tags (1)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jodie1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your Roku PIN Code.

When you go into the account settings of your Roku device through Settings > System > About, are you using the same email that is shown? Once you verify the Roku account linked to your Roku device. 

For more details follow these steps:

1. Go to my.roku.com from your computer or smartphone. If you are prompted, sign in to your Roku account. If you cannot sign in to your Roku account, learn what to do if you have forgotten your email address or password.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.48.20 PM.png

2. Under PIN Preference, select the Update button.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 3.10.36 PM.png

3. Select your PIN preference from the three choices.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 3.14.06 PM.png

• Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
  • Always require a PIN to make purchases.
  • A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.

3. If you choose either of the first two choices and have not created a PIN, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit number in the PIN field and select the Verify PIN field for confirmation. If you already have a PIN, enter your PIN in the Verify PIN field.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 3.18.33 PM.png

4. Select Save Changes and agree to the terms of service.

Notes:

• Creating a PIN only affects the ability to purchase or add channels from the Roku Channel Store. It does not filter channels or block content from the Roku Channel Store.
  • Roku typically does not provide refunds for purchases made from the Roku Channel Store.

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else. We would recommend taking a look at our Support pages for more information: 

Many thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @chefking56

Thanks for the post.

If you forgot your PIN, you can always create a new one by following the steps below:

1. Visit my.roku.com.
  2. Sign in if prompted. For assistance, learn what to do if you have forgotten your email address or password.
  3. On the My account page, under PIN preference, select Update.
  4. Go to Making purchases and adding content and select either of the following.
    • Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
  5. Go to Change current PIN.
  6. Enter the PIN you want to use.
  7. Select Save Changes.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @fernando3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are still receiving an error when providing your Roku PIN code. As a first step, could you try to check your Roku account email address directly to your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About are you using the same email that is shown?

For more information about updating or creating a new Roku PIN code, visit our Support page here.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to find my Roku pin code

Jump to solution

Hi @Rbenard,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Here are the steps to create or update your Roku PIN CODE:

1. Go to my.roku.com from your computer or smartphone.
  2. If you are prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Under PIN Preference, select the Update button.
  4. Select your PIN preference from the three choices.
    • A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
  5. If you choose either of the first two choices and have not created a PIN, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit number in the PIN field and select the Verify PIN field for confirmation.
  6. If you already have a PIN, enter your PIN in the Verify PIN field.
  7. Select Save Changes and agree to the terms of service.
  • Notes:
    • Creating a PIN only affects the ability to purchase or add channels from the Roku Channel Store. It does not filter channels or block content from the Roku Channel Store.
    • Roku typically does not provide refunds for purchases made from the Roku Channel Store.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Solkay,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

No, you create your own Roku PIN Code to prevent and manage any activity from Your Roku account such as making purchases or accessing restricted content on The Roku Channel.

For more information about updating or creating a new Roku PIN code, visit our Support page here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
154 REPLIES 154
shawewa123
Visitor

Jump to solution

I want to add a new streaming channel.  I cannot do it because I cannot remember my pin.  I registered for this forum just so I could get access to change my pin.  I still cannot see how to do it.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
DarkJedi

Jump to solution

It's pretty easy, actually. Login to your account on your computer and got to your account. Click update under PIN preference and just change it, it doesn't ask for your old PIN.

0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You want to do this on https://my.roku.com

0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Other than what the above posters stated, the only other way to do it is to contact CS directly.

Forum admins don't have access to the same tools that CS does.  I can help get your case elevated, but that's as far as it goes unfortunately :(.

C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How do I get a Roku pin # to streamline HBONOW.  They ask for it.  This whole procedure is crazy.  I am not a Robot game to get into my roku acct.   Who exactly am I dealing with

0 Kudos
Basil
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The question is, who is Roku dealing with.

You see, lots of spammers and scammers will use scripts to set up accounts. The CAPTCHA and Robot check is to ensure a script isn't running, and that it's an actual human using the form. That's actually kinda standard procedure these days. Welcome to the Internet 2018.

As for the "Roku pin # to streamline HBONOW" thing, I'm not sure what you're asking. If you'd explain the steps you took and the exact wording -- don't paraphrase -- of the message, that would be helpful.

You see, you could be referring to a couple of things. One is the PIN that may be required when you attempt to add an app to your Roku. That would be the case if the Roku account owner set up. If you are the account owner, you set that up.

Log in to your Roku account at https://my.roku.com and look at PIN preferences. That is what determines whether it asks you for a PIN to add apps, such as HBO NOW.

The other thing that many apps use -- I don't use HBO NOW so I don't know if that app works that way -- is they may present an authentication code to use to authorize your app through your content provider.

If this solve your issue, great. If not, provide information in a calm, clear, concise manner that will help troubleshooters analyze and solve the issue.

Basil
Longtime Roku user
0 Kudos
Videomac

Jump to solution

Sorry I/m new and did not find the post new message, i was given an old Roku 4 as a gift (the guy stop using it in 2016), I want to upgrade firmware to get Apple + keeps asking me the pin number, my friend does not remember even the mail he registerered under (he made it up just for Roku), can I delete all the info and start fresh?

thanks in advance

#roku4

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Videomac 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend that you try to perform a factory reset on your device. Performing a factory reset will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Katherinpavon15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Forgot My pin

0 Kudos