Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

MNP500
Topic Author

Roku Ultra out of sync on Amazon

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:27 am

I have a new Ultra going into an Onkyo  TX RZ 820 receiver via HDMI (from there to LG OLED TV)

Netflix, Showtime Anytime, HBO Go are all ok, but everything on Amazon is out of sync (audio ahead of video) by about a 1/4 of a second-- enough to make it unwatchable.  I called Amazon, and they got a Roku tech person on the line. They had me re-register the device and re-install the Amazon app etc. No change.They also had me connect the Ultra directly to the TV and the problem went away. (they said ok, you can watch it that way!! I laughed  and asked them if I should throw out my receiver and 5 speakers) BTW, cable box, and blu-ray player all OK.

I tried my old Roku 3 in the same input on the receiver and the problem goes away! (I never had any problems with my Roku 3 and my old Yamaha receiver)

I find it so strange that it works on everything except Amazon. And if the problem was the Onkyo, why does the Roku 3 work perfectly through it??

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Heyitsrick

Re: Roku Ultra out of sync on Amazon

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:48 am

Someone on another thread on this same subject said the following might be a temporary workaround:

And for an update to the syncing issue.........it seems if I FF then REW then allow the video to play the sound and video are synced up normally.

tbird635

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:59 am

I noticed the same issue on my newer  Roku Express + , and it doesn't occur on my 1 year older express.
I'm not sure why just  the newer one is affected.
ff/rew trick works on mine as a workaround..

MNP500
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:33 am

The ff/rw trick did not work for me! This is driving me crazy. At this point, Amazon is blaming Roku, and Roku is blaming Amazon. Although, perhaps Onkyo is the perpetrator. Right now I put my old Roku 3 in the system on another input and added the activity to my Harmony Elite remote. I feel like an idiot with two Roku's on my TV stand. And of course I can't watch any 4k on Amazon! Anybody have any more ideas?