Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikeyp65
Topic Author

Roku channel movies will not load

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Help. The movies on the roku channel don't load when I hit play. They start to load then go back to the play screen.
Now the movies I select come with an error message that it is expired. What does that even mean? Like the matrix movie...
Am I not setup correctly? Confused. Thanks for any help.

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Roku channel movies will not load

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 pm

mikeyp65 wrote:
Help. The movies on the roku channel don't load when I hit play. They start to load then go back to the play screen.

Now the movies I select come with an error message that it is expired. What does that even mean? Like the matrix movie...

Am I not setup correctly? Confused. Thanks for any help.

Huh. I just loaded and began playing "The Barefoot Contessa," so whatever you're experiencing isn't happening on all movies.

Perhaps if you provided more information, such as the actual names of the films you're trying to watch, and the device to include the model number, as well as the OS version and build.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku generation 1, 2, 3, & 4 boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

atc98092

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:14 pm

I just tried it on my Insignia TV, which is the lowest power Roku I have. I'm watching The Matrix right now. My guess is there was a glitch somewhere, and it has cleared. If you are still having issues, try rebooting your Roku before anything else. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL

mikeyp65
Topic Author

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Sorry for the long pause and thanks for the assistance. It still will not play ANY movie on demand on the roku channel but will play live channels. My roku is the 4660x - roku ultra, software/build 8.1.0 4145-46. Software is up to date.
Is there a setup for the roku channel? Does it need a credit card even though the movies are free?
Still confused. Thanks for any help.

atc98092

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:36 pm

mikeyp65 wrote:
Sorry for the long pause and thanks for the assistance. It still will not play ANY movie on demand on the roku channel but will play live channels. My roku is the 4660x - roku ultra, software/build 8.1.0 4145-46. Software is up to date.
Is there a setup for the roku channel? Does it need a credit card even though the movies are free?

No, there's no setup. I have no CC registered with Roku, so there's no way I have any payment method available to The Roku Channel. I'm at a loss why it doesn't work for you. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL

mikeyp65
Topic Author

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:34 am

Huskerfan

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:46 am

Myself, not having an issue here with Roku Channel,  everything loads. I do have an issue with the Docurama Channel  loading, about to delete it and forget  about it, strts to load then just returns to Roku home screen...only station having an issue wth.   Have a Roku Express.  Thanks

EddieOrtiz

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 pm

I have a Roku Ultra with the same problem. I contacted Roku's Customer Service and they still do not know what's going on. Watching the forum I see that I am not alone. Only movies, with series of the 60s and live news tv no problem, only movies, I press play and no load returns to play.

fonzy35

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 am

Me too, but not all movies.
It's start to load , you see the progress bar to about a 1/4,
then it come back to the movie detail..
It did it with god of Egypt(i think its not available anymore)..
But some movies load

Roku ultra with ear buds