Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

echo

Re: Roku reboots randomly with Hulu Live TV

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:44 am

No reboot problem with a 4660x and Hulu Live watching local channels and the cable news stations. I did a test with ESPN and didn't have a problem but I only watched long enough for a couple of commercial breaks.

DavidRosso

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:35 am

DBDukes wrote:
DavidRosso wrote:
DBDukes wrote:
DavidRosso wrote:
Minutes after posting that, it rebooted. So the wireless channel (2g vs 5g) doesn't seem to be it :(

That is an older device. I stopped using my model 3500 Stick when the model 3600 Stick came out in 2016.
Having said that, there's no reason for the issue just because it's an older device. And, of course, the fact that it's happening with your Express.
It's not limited to commercial breaks, it happens on older as well as current devices, but it doesn't happen to everyone. This is a stumper.

It has NOT happened with my Express (yet) but I haven't watched it for a significant amount of time either, in my post above, it was my streaming stick running on the 2g that rebooted.  I may (for S&G) replace my main device (living room) with a new ultra at some point after I get my Christmas shopping done and can afford the extra expense. I guess it can't hurt to go with new and top-of-the-line right.
David J. Rosso

Vader

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:14 pm

I've had constant issues with Hulu Live ever since we signed up with the service and bought Roku+ sticks in February. The Ultra, hard wired currently, never has a problem but also did when we used it wireless and it's about 7 feet from the router in the same room. The 3 sticks have strong wifi signals and always give us headaches with Hulu Live. Connection lost errors, runtime 5 errors, random reboots. Hearing that the fire stick works better I may have to consider changing products.

DavidRosso

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Watched live tv all evening on the Express (2ghz connection), over 4hrs, not a single reboot, buffered a couple times that was it. 
David J. Rosso

jboydk

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Seems like the problem is Hulu and ESPN getting  out of sync with commercial time. I noticed when it happpened it was on commercial and it would give me the Hulu commercial counter in the corner, and it would stay on longer than the commercial break. When the timer hit zero is when it would reboot. So it might be a Hulu app problem. 

Vader

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:50 pm

So I went out and got 2 base firesticks with a deal Amazon was running. I've been watching Hulu Live for days now without any errors, connection drops, or reboots. I've had 2 or 3 bufferings that resolve themselves within a couple seconds. The Hulu App interface is way more responsive on the Firesticks as well. Shame, I automatically went to Roku for all my TVs when we cut the chord without thinking twice.

mxpx5555

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:01 pm

****Fixed I think!*****

So i've had this same issue w/ ESPN and a Roku streaming stick ever since Hulu live went live. Just wanted to confirm that you CAN activate the Roku ESPN app using your Hulu credentials and the ESPN app seems to be working really well. No crashes as of yet!

DavidRosso

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:53 am

Knock on wood.....

Haven't had any problems since my last post!
David J. Rosso

DavidRosso

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:40 pm

DavidRosso wrote:
Knock on wood.....

Haven't had any problems since my last post!

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Watching live TV tonight it rebooted twice during two different commercial breaks smh.
David J. Rosso

phijw

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:12 pm

I was having bad reboot with hulu live tv issues. I updated roku via the system setting and deleted my slingtv app (after I had cancelled and said it was for hulu). So far no problems today. So, it was either the system update or the slingtv app, which I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it was just a matter of updating the system software.

kelvinfscott

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:33 am

I am experiencing the same issue of rebooting randomly ONLY on my older Roku sticks (3500X) but not on my newer Roku Streaming Stick (RSS) and RSS+. My Amazon Fire Sticks don't have the problem either.

I think it's the older/less powered Roku devices according to my experience. We only watch Hulu live TV in our home and we have seven different devices/TVs with only two older Roku's exhibiting this behavior.

lasombra7

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 am

Just purchased ROKU with HULU...reboots over and over and over?  I have tried everything...help?

lasombra7

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 am

YES...just bought ROKU and have HULU...reboots over and over unwatchable. Soetimes reboots, other times makes buffering noise and no volume...TV works fine without Roku...HELP? I see this SAME PROBLEM EVERYWHERE...

RokuTannerD

Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:55 pm

@lasombra7

Have you tried removing any unused channels from your device to see if this helps improve functionality? I'd also recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, go to Settings>System>System restart and restart your device. Once it loads up again, try adding the channel back once more and then try playing content once more. 

Let us know how it goes from there! 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

lasombra7

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks Tanner I will be doing just that ASAP and will let you know...thanks for directions and response!!!