Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jlsoaz
Topic Author

search question/suggestion

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:34 am

This must have been asked or suggested before, but if I go to search and can't find a given video or channel, wouldn't it be just a basic idea to allow us to mark it to Roku as a title we'd like to see, and that way the Roku team could quickly identify channels or titles that users have been clamoring for?

twiceover

Re: search question/suggestion

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 am

I'm sure they do for their own purposes already, you probably just aren't aware.

jlsoaz
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 am

twiceover wrote:
I'm sure they do for their own purposes already, you probably just aren't aware.

Thanks, it might be a good idea, but unless they've said they do this, I won't assume it.

twiceover

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:43 am

jlsoaz wrote:
twiceover wrote:

Thanks, it might be a good idea, but unless they've said they do this, I won't assume it.

They are in the business of collecting data and selling it.  I would assume they do.  :)
That said, it's really only for their channel.  They can't really collect that information and tell Netflix to try to target getting a show/movie.  though, they might make those search results available to their top channel developers.