Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Vader
Topic Author

NFL App - NFL Network

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 am

I recently downloaded the NFL app.  I have Hulu Live as my streaming service and it appears the NFL app accepts Hulu credentials as a login.  When I try to watch the live NFL Network feed all it does is clock and doesn't load.  Any thoughts on why this would be an issue or a fix?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the channel, rebooted the system in between.  I thought it might just be the feed being down but its been the same for multiple days now. 

John G

Re: NFL App - NFL Network

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 pm

I had a similar problem the last two days. I can watch everything except the games! Game Pass tech support stated that they are still updating apps. I was some what dubious of their response and chatted with Roku support but they could not find anything at their end. My problem was with the activation code process where I would enter the code and it would come back with an invalid code message! Huh? The Roku tech said to do what you did with restarting inbetween. I don't know if that is what did it in my case or not but eventually it recognized my code and i'm in. Going back to the NFL Game Pass site I saw a new message about them fixing a problem that has been happening for a number of days. They don't really explain the problem but it might have been related to your experience. Have you tried today?

Vader
Topic Author

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:49 pm

No does not appear to be working still. I tried my spectrum login as well and it tells me success....the app says I'm logged in on the TV....but it just gives me a white screen with the circle clocking and doing nothing else.

garof1mc

NFL App not working

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 pm

I just added the NFL app. Once I clicked on it the logo for the NFL appeared and then the rotating circle. I've waited over 30 minutes at times waiting for the screen to change and it never does. I've deleted the app and downloaded it again, I've restarted my tv and still nothing has worked. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do! Thanks. 

nocustomerservice

Re: NFL App not working

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:12 am

Mine hasnt worked for a couple days now- on any of my Roku TVs. I spoke with Roku customer service (or lack thereof) and they had no clue what to do or how to fix it. Absolutely zero help at all. I'm not sure whats going on- but I have three Roku TVs that are a few months old and I am about to return all of them and get regular smart TVs and apple TV. This is ridiculous.

nocustomerservice

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:37 am

Roku doesnt care and isnt trying to fix the issue. Their customer service agents are no help at all.

makaiguy

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:39 am

The apps are created and maintained by their provider, in this case NFL, not Roku.  You need to be complaining to NFL.

Blaming Roku is like blaming your television manufacturer when your local broadcast station has a problem.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am

We've alerted the channel publisher to this issue, and they are currently investigating. Feel free to follow up with them directly for more help here: https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm

I've been informed that the app should now be working again.  If you're still having issues, please uninstall, reboot your Roku, and reinstall.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

bobjones112775

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 am

Mine will not work still uninstalled several times and nothing same loading circle for hours.

RokuDanny-R

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are seeing. I didn't have any issues with the channel when I tested it this morning.

Try removing the NFL channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the NFL channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator

Lax23chris

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Just tried those exact steps Danny and its still spinning. This is ridiculous

RokuDanny-R

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is NFL the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

I'd recommend reaching out to NFL directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can contact them through their support page here: https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you need more help from there, please feel free to PM with your player model details including the ESN from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look to see what else we can suggest.

Thanks
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator