Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ghb51

Re: Bring back the Aquarium Screen saver!

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm

I see Aquarium Screensaver on my 1,3 and Express now (paid version), but while Aquatic Life shows in Search it's not actually available, just a blank pic where the preview should be and no way to install.

Rebelkitty

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:15 am

RokuShawnS wrote:
Try launching the screensaver now.  If it doesn't work, reboot your Roku and then try it.

So, since the aquatic life screen saver isn't on my list anymore does Roku expect us to purchase it now?

blue_94_trooper

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:09 pm

It's still working on my Ultra and the picture of City Scroll that was briefly accompanying it in the menu is gone.

It has never been available on my 3's and it still isn't.
SoundBridge M500 (retired), PhotoBridge HD1000 rev. B (retired)
Roku 2 XS (retired), Roku XD (retired)
Roku 3 x2, Roku 2, Roku Ultra

azurenepsa

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Rebelkitty wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:
Try launching the screensaver now.  If it doesn't work, reboot your Roku and then try it.

So, since the aquatic life screen saver isn't on my list anymore does Roku expect us to purchase it now?

You should be able to search for it on your Roku and install it for free.  I was able to.  It does place a channel icon on your home screen in addition to it being listed in the screensaver menu.

rockou

Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:18 pm

I checked my Ultra last night and the aquarium screensaver was still there. I did not have the city stroll one but I searched for it and added it manually. On our Roku 3 and Roku stick + in the bedrooms, the city stroll was on there automatically.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI

GoKingsGo
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 pm

I was out of town for a week. When I returned the Aquarium was back. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned!

lion7718

Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:22 am

RokuShawnS wrote:
If you guys experiencing this will post the following information, I'll add it to the ticket.  Thanks!

• Settings for screensaver (also, do you actually SEE Aquarium in your Screensaver menu);
  • Serial Number/DeviceID (settings > system > about);
  • Firmware version and build number (same area as above);
  • Approximate Date/Time first observation of behavior;
I spoke with CS tonight about it, and they're asking for this information so they can see what's going on.  I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.

Any new info on this..??
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)

nascent

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:42 am

RokuShawnS wrote wrote:
If you guys experiencing this will post the following information, I'll add it to the ticket.  Thanks!

• Settings for screensaver (also, do you actually SEE Aquarium in your Screensaver menu);
  • Serial Number/DeviceID (settings > system > about);
  • Firmware version and build number (same area as above);
  • Approximate Date/Time first observation of behavior;
I spoke with CS tonight about it, and they're asking for this information so they can see what's going on.  I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.

Still an issue.
Aquatic Life doesn't show in screensavers.
Trying to reinstall from store gets "Channel install failed" "Could not add Aquatic Life"
4200x roku 3
serial 6225ag022439
cant give an approx date and i haven'y been using the roku as much in recent months.

dckaynor

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Fish will swim right through the pink and they brick colored quarrel on mine

nascent

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Still don't have this.  Roku just seems like an abandoned thing in general now. Haven't seen a single improvement update for this thing in years. 

atc98092

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:25 pm

nascent wrote:
Still don't have this.  Roku just seems like an abandoned thing in general now. Haven't seen a single improvement update for this thing in years. 

Then you haven't been paying attention. Voice search for one, private listening through either a phone/tablet app or the Roku remote, 4K, HDR, MPEG-2 support. Those are just quickly off the top of my head. There's been plenty more. And when I browse the screensavers, I see there are 582 available. No, many are not free, but there's a screensaver for almost anyone there, most less than $2 if they aren't free.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

nascent

Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Voice search is useless to me as I don't have a voice button or microphone.
Private listening is useless to me as I never watch tv alone.

Having 'hundreds of screensavers' available to me is useless as they're all terribly made and low quality.  Most are paid, and are in no way deserving of money due to how terrible they are.  The only decent ones were build in and removed by Roku.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, this is a forum asking for them to be given back after being taken away.

Heyitsrick

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:08 pm

nascent wrote:
Voice search is useless to me as I don't have a voice button or microphone.
Private listening is useless to me as I never watch tv alone.

Having 'hundreds of screensavers' available to me is useless as they're all terribly made and low quality.  Most are paid, and are in no way deserving of money due to how terrible they are.  The only decent ones were build in and removed by Roku.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, this is a forum asking for them to be given back after being taken away.

What it "has to do with" is the gratuitous comment you made about Roku seeming like an abandoned thing without a single improvement over the recent past, which has nothing whatsoever to do with what you said this whole thing was about (giving back a feature).  Your response to the person who commented about some of the newer features is that you don't use them. Well, you don't use them. That's your choice.  But they are improvements, irrespective of whether you avail yourself of them. 

RokuTannerD

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for sharing the feedback here. The Aquatic Life screensaver is only available on 4K capable Roku devices. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/212015418-how-do-i-change-the-screensaver-on-my-roku-streaming-device-

Hope that helps clarify things a bit. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

nascent

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm

That doesn't make sense.  I had the screensaver for years on my non 4k device.  I have to buy a new tv to get the screensaver back?!