Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

raleman

Re: Windows 10 App HTTP Error

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Yeah, since level 1 support is mostly following a script it's difficult to communicate that this is an app-wide issue and not a user-specific issue.  You just have to humor them until it gets to level two support.  I sent them a screen recording of me reproducing the error and another one of me scrolling through 3 pages of the most recent one-star reviews on the Microsoft store complaining about HTTP error.  If you want to do the same, I highly recommend recordit.co which is free for recordings up to 5 minutes.  Note that the recordings are publicly accessible to anyone that has the link you give out, but you can crop just the part of the screen you want to record before you start and can delete recordings. 

Here's my recording of just the first 3 pages of bad reviews: http://recordit.co/AtpoyhxheD

TheBigGumbo

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:20 am

I am receiving the same error.  There are way too many users complaining about this issue for it to be a hardware error or an error in the Windows 10 version.     This thread has been running for about three months and as far as I can tell the issue has not been fixed.   It doesn't look like it will be solved any time soon. Oh well, time to look at Amazon Fire Stick.

ncsulilwolf

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Same issue here...