Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

LittleRC

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi , how did it go ? I am in Belgium and looking into buying a Roku. Please share your experience. Thanks !

rwhewitt

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Hi Shawn. Santa gave me the Roku Ultra with JBL EARBUDS for Christmas. Unfortunately, the earbuds are defective. Sound tinny and distorted. How do I get them replaced? The Ultra unit is fine. Just need the earbuds replaced. Thanks.

DBDukes

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 am

rwhewitt wrote:
Hi Shawn.  Santa gave me the Roku Ultra with JBL EARBUDS for Christmas.  Unfortunately, the earbuds are defective.  Sound tinny and distorted.  How do I get them replaced?  The Ultra unit is fine.  Just need the earbuds replaced.  Thanks.

https://support.roku.com should have a way of reporting and issue and requesting an RMA. 
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

rwhewitt

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

Checked ROKU support for advise on returning defective JBL earbuds. Looks like return policy email format is set up for streaming device only and not peripheral items like earbuds. I do not want to return the Roku Ultra, just the earbuds. Please advise.

DBDukes

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:21 am

rwhewitt wrote:
Checked ROKU support for advise on returning defective JBL earbuds.  Looks like return policy email format is set up for streaming device only and not peripheral items like earbuds.  I do not want to return the Roku Ultra, just the earbuds.  Please advise.

When you filled it out anyway and explained in the notes the issue was solely with headphones, what was their response?
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

RokuTannerDB

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm

@rwhewitt - We'd be happy to help replace the headphones individually for you. Please PM me with your Roku account email address and your support case number (if you have it) and I'll have a member of our support team follow up to assist you further. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

tomspoon

Roku Ultra powers AVR back on after power off

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 pm

I purchased three Roku Ultra model 4660X2 in early December, and so far they have been working very well. I have one of these connected through my Pioneer VSX-1131 audio video receiver which supports 4K pass through. Until the past few days, I have been able to power off the TV (Samsung UN60KU6300F), AVR and Roku by using the Roku remote. Now, within 15 seconds of turning all off, ONLY the AVR powers back on. I checked HDMI on the AVR, and have tried all kinds of combinations of CEC on/off, HDMI Standby Through on/auto, ARC on/auto; in Power Management Auto Standby on/off. No combination returns my ability to turn off (completely) the AVR. I can set it to NOT turn off the AVR and the AVR still came back on at power off! I thought perhaps because I had changed to a screensaver that has a lot of news activity that it might have caused the AVR to turn back on, but I changed back to the default screensaver and the behavior at power off remained. Firmware update happened back on December 11th when I installed the Roku units, and no firmware update has occurred since then (verified in settings menu). i even tried turning off CEC on the tv but that had no effect. I really want to continue to pass the signals from Roku, 4K Bluray, HTPC through the AVR.  Does anyone have a solution?