Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

atc98092

Re: Roku Premiere+ - No Sound until restart

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm not saying that. This is a customer forum, not designed for direct product support. The developers themselves do not come on this forum, and the Roku employees that do come on are here to be moderators. And they also try to assist customers as they can, but often they can't even find out what is happening in the developmental side. Roku does have support available via their web site, and I've heard they respond quickly on their Facebook and perhaps Twitter accounts. But they won't say what is being worked on, and any users that are testing fixes aren't allowed to talk about it. Yes, I agree it would be nice if Roku was a little more forthcoming with issues that are being worked. But I don't work for them, so can't make any sort of changes within. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:38 am

We're looking into the issue and will post an update once we have more information.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

tuna33

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:43 am

OK - found this specific topic discussion; posting a second time here, specifically, to add to and hopefully aid in the remedy of the problem....

Of my  three most often used Roku units, my 4620X and 4630X older units "coincidentally" have this problem, and not my 3800RW Streaming Stick.  And the problem is this:  The sound cuts out during use.  The only way to get it back is to " System Restart" them.  The sound cuts out independent of each other; there is not a coordinated, simultaneous error.

I suspected a firmware (software) bug incorporated within the last update.  Having read about these new, reintroduced Premiere models, I suspect that whatever changes made to the software in order to optimize performance of the new models, somehow created an audio deficiency for the old models.  My two units both have the same system version:  8.1.0 - build 4159-29   (My stick:  v. 8.1.0 - build 4145-55; no problem here.)

Like the others here, my units have worked flawlessly until recently, and I did verify (as you would conclude when a Roku system restart [temporarily] fixes the sound cut-out problem) that the source of the problem lies with the Roku units (both Premiere and Premiere+).

Dvrslave

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:13 pm

I reached out for support via Twitter & they asked for the serial numbers for the units I'm having issues with. I've not heard back since I sent the info last week but if more people report the issue via Twitter @rokusupport maybe we'll have some luck.

farmchild
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:59 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
We're looking into the issue and will post an update once we have more information.

Thanks for this!  At least we know you're looking into it now.

bahop

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 pm

it's the friggin update for chrissakes!!!

I have player 4620x w/ NOOOOO audio issues for the years since I purchased UNTIL...
sept 29/2018 when roku system updated

software version 8.1.0
build 4159

now the audio goes out -- usually after a commercial set several times a night...
fix the friggin thing w/ a new update ROKU-- it's driving me nuts to have to reset during my fav shows several tines a night!!!

Jmr2762

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:26 pm

I have exactly the same issue. So, I'm following this thread for a solution. It's been happening off/on for the last month (same time as the last update 30SEP) and is becoming more frequent. I've had the 4630X Premiere+ for over a year and had no issues until recently.

rittwage

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 pm

I have this exact problem with both of my Premiere+ units.  It's very aggravating... It happened once in a while over the last month, but now it's getting worse and more frequent. It happens every time we sit down and watch anything on Sling.

I've set the audio to "stereo" instead of "auto" as mentioned in another forum and that doesn't help.

galaxyrise

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 pm

This problem is not limited to the Premiere+.  I have a Roku Stick 3600X and it has been doing the exact same thing for a month.  Really frustrating.

Sunpippin

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:03 pm

I also am having this issue on my Roku Premiere+ where the audio drops out during a commercial break while watching Sling. Haven't noticed it yet on other channels/apps, but it does mute everything else once it happens.  It's only fixed once I restart the Roku. Very frustrating!

jzsmart3

Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Ditto problem, Roku Premier Plus on Sling, switching from commercial. Clearly software regression, prior versions worked fine. Old bedroom Roku 3 works fine - really regretting “upgrade” to this unit for main TV room.

This thread is a sad commentary of how poorly Roku handles software regressions. Gone on WAY too long. Just had it with constant need to do system reset. 

Bailing to FireTV unit that I have. Just Sad! 

hockman4357

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 am

Same problem with my Premiere+ while watching Sling. Reset fixes it but only temporarily. This is absolutely ridiculous for such a new piece of equipment!!! If Roku wants for me to remain a loyal customer, they will fix this in a timely fashion. Otherwise, I'm moving on!

wampdog29

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Same issue here and getting worse. I have the Premiere + 4630x. I thought the sound cutting out between commercials watching Sling TV was more of a Sling app issue, but seeing now that it's probably the Roku. Sometimes the audio is out for good after commercial changes. Reboot resolves. It's now doing this twice a day and each time is within 20 minutes of each other. Also, it's very odd that I don't really have this issue with any other apps. I've maybe seen something like this once on YouTube, but that only required a close and reopen of the app. This issue definitely requires a reboot as no other apps play audio once this occurs..... This is getting very agitating. We have four other Rokus in the house and no issues. These other Rokus range from and older Roku 3 to streaming sticks to the latest Ultra.

wampdog29

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Make that 3 times in one day now.....

hockman4357

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 pm

If Roku can't fix the problem very soon, they need to offer a free replacement with an upgraded dependable/reliable product.