Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
iFrog
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:49 am

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 am

Currently, I have not received any further updates for my two Roku Players in operation.

2016 Premiere+ - 9.0.0 build 4084
2017 Ultra - 9.0.0 build 4083

I'm still debating on upgrading the Premiere+ to a newer model.  It works fine, and the minor bugs I've had with it on OS 9 aren't bad enough that I can't wait for a fix.  I'm mainly considering because of the way Roku has changed the function of FandangoNOW on Walmart models, which I use so I can have the VUDU quick button.  My local Walmart is out of the Ultra, and is not sure when they will get anymore, but they have the 2018 Premiere+, and a 2017 black stick.  The stick I could get by with where the Premiere+ is, as it's only a 1080p setup.  The reason I was waiting for the Ultra is to keep the same form factor.  Either way, the need is very small at this point, so I can wait.

As far as the optical audio problem reported, has anyone been able to confirm it's a bug vs Roku disabling the port as they have removed it from all newer models of the Ultra?
 
2ovrit
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Is this update in any way responsible for Youtube suddenly beginning to kick viewers out of unsponsored (no ads) 24 hour live channels? Sponsored live channels are so far unaffected.
 
2ovrit
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 pm

I omitted the fact that you can stay on those channels 15 minutes.
 
User avatar
RokuTannerDB
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:47 pm

@2ovrit 

Have you contacted YouTube support yet to report the issue you are seeing within their channel? 

You can reach them directly here: www.twitter.com/teamyoutube 

Each channel is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves, and they'll typically be able to best assist with any issues you may encounter.  

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions once you've contacted them and I'll follow up to see how else we can assist. 

Thanks! 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
 
jsmiddleton4
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm

I haven't checked the optical out on my Ultra in awhile.  I could.  Have to mess with stuff a bit.  Did you change the setting in your AVR for audio in to tell it the audio is on the optical in?
 
Boneyjr
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Still no fix or update for my 4640X Ultra. I need night listening back. Come on, Roku!
 
iFrog
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:49 am

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:52 am

Update 9.0.0 build 414 dropped and the night mode options are back on my 2016 Premiere+, and it also installed on my 2017 Ultra so both players are on the same version now.
 
NightHawk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm

Boneyjr wrote:
Still no fix or update for my 4640X Ultra. I need night listening back. Come on, Roku!

The new Roku firmware version came out last night fixed this on my 4640.
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
 
popeyeistheman
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm

OS 9 is shutting down my HDMI out when the box goes to sleep.  I have two Roku2 XSs (3100x's).  Only one was hooked up.  Things were working great and then they upgraded my software.  I had to unplug and replug in my box each time after the upgrade if it'd been overnight.  I though maybe my Roku2 XS went bad so I found my other one (was in a box from when I moved as I only need one now).  I plugged it in and noticed the software upgrade was available.  As soon as my second Roku2 XS took the software upgrade it has the same problem.  I figured out if I unplug and plug back i just the HDMI cable then it works fine.  Apparently, when my Roku2 XS sits for a long time (like overnight), the HDMI port disables.  If I press the Roku remote, my TV turns on and the Roku2 XS white light flashes, but no video.  If I press the remote buttons enough (like hold it down and make the white light blink), then eventually the Roku2 XS crashes, reboots (Roku logo screen), and the box is alright for watching Netflix, Hulu, whatever.  This is what I do if I don't feel like getting out of bed and unplugging the HDMI briefly.

So, in short, OS9 disables the HDMI port on my Roku2 XS once sleep mode is entered.  This can be reset by unplugging and replugging the HDMI port.  Power cycling or crashing the box works also.  They need to fix the OS so my HDMI port wakes on remote input.
 
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:36 am

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

I wonder how Rokus volume leveling compares to the feature built in TVs and Audio Receivers. Would love to see someone do a proper review. 

Otherwise great update! 
 
User avatar
atc98092
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Crow550 wrote:
Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

They did officially state here in the forums that the removal of Night Mode was a bug, and not intentional. They have obviously fixed the bug.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL
 
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:36 am

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:44 pm

atc98092 wrote:
Crow550 wrote:
Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

They did officially state here in the forums that the removal of Night Mode was a bug, and not intentional. They have obviously fixed the bug.


Uhhh. They had removed the models from the official update list after the update had came out though.

Yes they course corrected and fixed it but that was quite weird as for Months the models were listed. Check a few pages back.
 
User avatar
DBDukes
Posts: 1544
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Southeast Georgia
Contact:

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Crow550 wrote:
atc98092 wrote:
Crow550 wrote:
Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

They did officially state here in the forums that the removal of Night Mode was a bug, and not intentional. They have obviously fixed the bug.


Uhhh. They had removed the models from the official update list after the update had came out though.

Yes they course corrected and fixed it but that was quite weird as for Months the models were listed. Check a few pages back.

I just figured that was a quick response to cut the complaints that backfired. They did say it was a bug — that is, not intentional — but the intermediate action just made a bad impression.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)
 
xxx4reggie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:29 am

Re: Roku OS 9 / Dolby fail?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Sigh....
New issues with the new update
YouTube:
Any video you play displays on screen as half of the screen. So the rest of the screen is black.

Plex:
When playing certain movies, it loads as a blank video (black).

I get screwing up Plex because why not but why ruin YouTube?
Is there a way to fix this? I'll take a picture and post shortly.

Update:
Ok not sure how to attach my phone pic on here.
Is there anyway to go back a version? Roku takes so long to update, I'm afraid for them to fix this thing will take another month or so....
 
xxx4reggie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:29 am

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 pm

Newest update broke YouTube,
Videos only display at half the screen and rest is black.

Some Plex videos do not play at all, remains black (which worked fine in the previous version.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests