Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DBDukes

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 am

Scottt1174 wrote:
When will the OS 9 version build be out for Roku TV's? It says early 2019. Do you guys have a specific time frame of the roll out?

Early 2019. As has been done for every Roku device, the OS rollouts take place over a long time. This will be no different. Some TVs will get them earlier than other TVs. As always. If you have multiple Roku TVs, one may get it before the other does. As always.

From the release announcement:
Roku OS 9 will begin rolling out to Roku streaming players in early November and Roku TVs early next year. It is expected to be completed in Q1 2019.

If there's any further information announced, it will be at https://blog.roku.com. As always.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

redtommy76

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:17 am

rey_1178 wrote:
I received my RMA replacement roku ultra today and my HDR issues continue and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I can't be the only one with this problem. I have no issues under OS8. Since OS9 even with the last update this is still broken and I'm not changing my setup. Why should I if it works perfectly with the previous firmware. I'm beginning to think I will be screwed here.

I can force HDR 60fps but the apps don't recognize I have HDR just like the roku auto settings don't either.

Forcing HDR does nothing for me either

rey_1178

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:19 am

redtommy76 wrote:
rey_1178 wrote:
I received my RMA replacement roku ultra today and my HDR issues continue and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I can't be the only one with this problem. I have no issues under OS8. Since OS9 even with the last update this is still broken and I'm not changing my setup. Why should I if it works perfectly with the previous firmware. I'm beginning to think I will be screwed here.

I can force HDR 60fps but the apps don't recognize I have HDR just like the roku auto settings don't either.

Forcing HDR does nothing for me either

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I hope they get this fixed soon. Haven't heard back from them in awhile and honestly it's an annoying bug. 

RokuTannerD

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 am

@redtommy76
@rey_1178

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device, and a recap of the issue you're experiencing including any error messages you see and the channel(s)/content you experience the issue with. Please also include your current display type settings on your device, any troubleshooting you have tried, as well as the specific make/model of TV that you are using. I'll follow up directly to continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Lnoriega87

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 am

So my Roku TV updated this morning around 4am to the OS 9.0 build 4142-11. Since the update, my TV won't recognize any inputs at all. I was able to somehow get my PS4 to show once, but when it did there was no audio. After I disconnected the HDMI to try to get the audio back, I wasn't able to see video anymore and haven't been able to get the video back ever since. All installed apps on my TV work fine.

RokuTannerD

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 pm

@Lnoriega87

Have you tried restarting your TV to see if this resolves the issue? If not, please PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up directly to assist you further here. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

DBDukes

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:19 pm

RokuTannerDB wrote:
...Have you tried restarting your TV to see if this resolves the issue? ...

Let me get some clarification if you don’t mind. For Roku TV, my understanding is that a restart is more than “turning it off and on again.” Rather, it would be using the menu system to restart, or pulling the power cord. Is my understanding correct?
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

RokuTannerD

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Yes, that is correct. For any device running Roku OS, you can use the 'Settings' menu to restart the system. Turning the display on/off would differ from restarting the TV.

For Roku TVs, you can navigate to the system restart option by visiting Settings>System>Power>System restart. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

thrax

Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm

My Hisense Roku TV (Model 48H4) received an update today, Feb 13, 2019 - Software Version 9.0.0, Build 4142 and Now the HDMI 1 (ARC) device outputs absolutely no audio.
Also, my PS4 which is on HDMI port 2 does not get recognized by the TV at all.

I have taken these previously working devices (Cable box, and PS4) plugged them into a different TV and both devices work normally, with sound and as expected.

Something appears to be off with this latest update.

I have also performed a factory reset via the Roku TV menu as well as restarting and the problems persist.

*Resolved by working with Roku tech support - performed system update which reverted the OS back to 8.2 build 4170 and the HDMI 1 port resumed working correctly with my cable box and my PS4 resumed working normally on HDMI 2.
Last edited by thrax on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dindinnn2

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 pm

I have the exact same issue. My roku tv updated to OS 9.0 last night and today I haven’t been able to use an hdmi for my PS4 or my MacBook. Weirdly my Nintendo switch works correctly but I have tried several hdmi cords and it is definitely the roku tv update, considering I was using the hdmi ports right before the update. I have also tried the PS4 on another tv and it works correctly, hopefully there is a fix for this soon. I’ve tried resetting, unplugging for a while, nothing has worked.

bil24884

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Same here.  So my Hisense ROKU TV with v9.0 build 4142 has been rendered useless.  Sounds like a lawsuit.  So please present to us, WHAT CAN WE DO TO FIX THE NO SOUND HDMI ISSE!  PLEASE!

TimeZone4

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Yes!  I am also having no sound from my Hisense Roku TV after receiving the 9.0 OS this morning coming from my Directv receiver by HDMI.  I have tried restarting both, different cables, etc.  and nothing fixes it.  My receiver audio works fine when I hook it to a spare monitor using the same HDMI cable that is of today not giving me audio on my Roku TV.

There definitely seems to be a problem with the 9.0 OS on my Hisense TV.  I talked to both chat support at Roku and someone on the phone and we were unable to fix it and they did not seem to be aware of this issue.  Please set our Hisense TV's back and/or figure out what is wrong with this update.

rey_1178

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 am

Another user with HDR issues after the OS9 update.   https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=142657&p=632828#p632828

Scottt1174

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 am

I can't believe that TCL tvs still havent gotten the new OS9 yet. What a bunch of crap. TCL has a partnership with Roku and we are the last to get the OS9 update. But I hear the update is more of a hassle anyway. I guess it's hard to make software upgrades compatible with every tv.

DBDukes

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 am

Scottt1174 wrote:
I can't believe that TCL tvs still havent gotten the new OS9 yet. What a bunch of crap. TCL has a partnership with Roku and we are the last to get the OS9 update. But I hear the update is more of a hassle anyway. I guess it's hard to make software upgrades compatible with every tv.

Just because yours hasn’t doesn’t mean none have. One of my Roku boxes got 9.0 a couple of weeks after it was released, another a bit later, and another in latter half of December. Two of those were the same model. Not all of one model get the update at the same time.

Roku is rolling out over the quarter as they’ve always done. Well, I say always. I’ve only had Roku boxes since 2010. I can’t speak to before that.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)