Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TimeZone4

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:01 pm

So are techs aware of the problems that the new OS 9.0 build 4142 is having on our Hisense Roku Tv's?  I have no audio from my Directv receiver that is hooked to the hdmi input.  In trying to fix it by restarting my receiver, at times after booting I would get nothing but a black screen. Playing with display resolution settings button on the Directv receiver would sometimes pop up a picture, but would then get a warning about HDCP not being compatible with TV.  Finally, I got the picture back steady somehow but still no audio.

The new build has introduced some type of HDMI compatibility problem that is affecting the audio and the picture as well at times it seems.  I never had these problems until yesterday after it had updated to this build.  My Directv receiver works fine when I switch the hdmi cable over to a spare monitor I have.  Same everything, except switching out the TV.

Would some type of factory reset fix this?  It sounds to like this new OS build is the problem when I am also seeing several others with Hisense Roku Tv's in the last page of comments suddenly having this problem.  We need to somehow roll back the OS build or get a fix for this.  The TV is useless for my regular tv watching with this issue. 

RokuTannerD

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi all, 

I've cleared out some posts here that were off-topic, and not constructive for the conversation around OS 9.

If you'd like to have an off-topic discussion, please create a new topic in the 'Off-Topic' board and take the conversation into an appropriate space. 

I appreciate everyone's input and enthusiasm, as always. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or further concerns. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In relation to the issue reported regarding no input displaying for HDMI input devices, we are actively investigating these reports. If you are running into the issue, please PM me with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About, and describe if you have any CEC settings enabled on your TV, such as One-Touch Play, System Standby, etc. 

Please also try connecting the input device directly to HDMI-1 port on your TV, then attempt to select each individual HDMI input tile (1,2,3) from the Roku home screen. Does anything display? Try repeating this process by then connecting the input device to HDMI-2 port, and try selecting each HDMI input tile from the home screen again. Please include your findings in your PM.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

TimeZone4

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Thanks to Tanner for the help!  Reverting to the old firmware did fix my hdmi audio issue that just popped up with the new 9.0 build on my Hisense Roku TV.

bil24884

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:27 pm

How can you revert back on a Hisense Roku TV?  I don't think you can!

TimeZone4

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:37 pm

bil24884 wrote:
How can you revert back on a Hisense Roku TV?  I don't think you can!

They must have set it up for my particular unit.  Had me go and check for updates and it then had the old OS 8 for me to update to, although I had the newer 9.0 on my TV.  They had to set it on their end for that to happen with my unit.

bil24884

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 am

That is great.  Apparently they did the same for my TV.  I just got a notification on my TV to update firmware to previous version.  Mine is working now.

fonzy35

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 am

That's great news, so the universal 9.0 firmeware upgrade was not effective for every roku and roku tv product.
My ultra is working now with the Hdmi sound and night sound effect!

Dindinnn2

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:47 pm

bil24884 wrote:
That is great.  Apparently they did the same for my TV.  I just got a notification on my TV to update firmware to previous version.  Mine is working now.

Did you call someone to get the rollback? When I check for updates it says everything is up to date.

bil24884

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Send TANNER a message and include your Roku email account address, your unit serial number and an explanation of what happened.  With that info he can send a ping to your TV to force it to rollback to the previous version of firmware.  That is what he did for me.

https://forums.roku.com/memberlist.php? ... 0c8f001488

fonzy35

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:35 am

Dindinnn2 wrote:
bil24884 wrote:

Did you call someone to get the rollback? When I check for updates it says everything is up to date.

It updated automatically
Roku ultra Model 4660RW
Software build: 9.0.0 build 4114-46

adisak

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:49 am

My Roku Stick upgraded itself to 9.00 4142 and now the TV flashes black for one second 2-3 times every minute when watching videos and sometimes flashes black on the homescreen or various settings screends.

poguec

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:21 pm

I have two Roku TVs and neither one are on OS 9 yet however all my Roku boxes are.  When is OS 9 coming to my TVs?

Scottt1174

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:26 pm

poguec wrote:
I have two Roku TVs and neither one are on OS 9 yet however all my Roku boxes are.  When is OS 9 coming to my TVs?

I have been asking the same thing. Seems like everyone else is getting it lol

DBDukes

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:52 am

poguec wrote:

Back on September 24, 2018, when Roku announced OS 9, they said:

Roku OS 9 will begin rolling out to Roku streaming players in early November and Roku TVs early next year. It is expected to be completed in Q1 2019. For more information on Roku OS 9, click here.

What you're describing fits this. It's still Q1, and will be for the next 36 days. So, some time before April 1. Unless something goes wrong with the rollout. If that happens, they'll post about it.

What they didn't say, but is true, is not all of a particular model will necessarily get the update at the same time. One of my Ultra boxes got v9 in October, and another got it in December. Same model device on the same account. So, it is possible both of your TVs will get it at the same time, or one could get it before the other. But, as Roku stated months ago, before April 1.

Roku hasn't announced any timeline specifics beyond what you'll find at https://blog.roku.com/, which is where their announcements are posted.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

poguec

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:59 am

DBDukes, thanks for the info, I had not seen the timeline until now.  At least know I have something I can reference and keep an eye out for.

Thanx!