Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Kristinapedia
Topic Author

ABC Channel is horrible

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:42 am

It has to be the worst channel app on roku.   It loses connection every 20-40 min.    I've written to them, they said they'd send it to the technical team.  three years later it's still horrible.  I post to the ABC Network's twitter page every time it goes out.  Sometimes I have 30 posts in one day to their twitter page.  They don't answer, they do nothing.   I pay for ABC thru my tv subscription.  I have Optimum Broadcast Basic so it costs me $25/month.  (remember when 100 channels used to cost $25/month?).  I am constantly getting the "Player Error.  There appears to be a problem with playing this video.  Please contact us through the Help section in the ABC app".  Code: 025-2501-103.    I have 200 speed internet (prob. 100-150 tho).  Roku is connected to the 5ghz band and the router is six feet from the tv.  It's a Roku Streaming stick that is 4-5 years old.     I am using the roku app, why?  Because ABC isn't coming in on my cable tv..   THE ONLY CHANNEL.  Hasn't for more than six months.   That's prob my cable company tho.   And they suck too.  I really cant' wait until all this technology collapses and we go back to life before technology.  Don't get me wrong... I LOVE technology.  I"m a tech geek.   It's just a PITA because it gets bigger and bigger and what goes up must come down.    Sorry for the tangent rant. lol.  

Does anyone have the same problem with ABC channel?   I'm seriously considering writing to the FCC, Attorney General and BBB because I'm paying for this and they never fixed anything.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atMjJ91tM9Q

regnad kcin

Re: ABC Channel is horrible

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 am

I am having the same issues. This is the only Roku App that routinely shows the "Player Error Message" or "Internet Connection" problem. Unfortunately, in my area (S. Jersey), getting the local ABC Affiliate Over the Air via antenna is hit or miss so I usually rely on the app.
Just heard of the locast app and am giving that a try.

Learyaaa

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:24 pm

The ABC app works fine on the Fire Stick.  I have not found a fix for the app on Roku, but the error happens everyday.
Very annoying!!      Roku needs to get a fix for this.

twiceover

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Learyaaa wrote:
The ABC app works fine on the Fire Stick.  I have not found a fix for the app on Roku, but the error happens everyday.
Very annoying!!      Roku needs to get a fix for this.

Roku didn't develop the app.  You'd want to talk to ABC.