Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
Topic Author

[Official] RokuTV Wireless Speakers Discussion & Feedback

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Roku TV Wireless Speakers are now shipping. We would like to consolidate all commentary to a single thread.  You can read more about the speakers on our blog post.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

tkaspro

Re: [Official] RokuTV Wireless Speakers Discussion & Feedback

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Just got my new speakers, and now it's saying it needs to be 8.2.2, build 4084.  My TCL Roku TV already has this build, but the speakers are for my Hisense 60R6+ (roku TV model 7222x),
but it's currently only at 8.2.0.  Tried doing a check update, but it says I'm up to date.  Does each manufacturer need to push out build 8.2.2 or does roku manage that?

Is there an ETA for build 4084 on Hisense?

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm

I just spoke with someone about your post.  They're telling me they've tested it and it should pair without an issue on 8.2.0.  Try to pair it again.  If it doesn't work, let me know.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------

tkaspro

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
I just spoke with someone about your post.  They're telling me they've tested it and it should pair without an issue on 8.2.0.  Try to pair it again.  If it doesn't work, let me know.

Still no dice.  The first time I tried, it says it gets to step 2 of 4.  I let it sit until it timed out.  Then I rebooted all devices including the TV.  Got to step two again.  Timed out.  So I then 
did a reset on both the speakers and then it wouldn't even get past step 1 of 4.  So that's when I went here, to see the reference to the newer build.  I'll be out of pocket for thanksgiving
so hopefully the newer build will hit by the time I get back.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:55 pm

tkaspro wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:

Still no dice.  The first time I tried, it says it gets to step 2 of 4.  I let it sit until it timed out.  Then I rebooted all devices including the TV.  Got to step two again.  Timed out.  So I then 
did a reset on both the speakers and then it wouldn't even get past step 1 of 4.  So that's when I went here, to see the reference to the newer build.  I'll be out of pocket for thanksgiving
so hopefully the newer build will hit by the time I get back.

I'll add this to the report, though it'll probably be after the holiday that I can back to you.  I apologize for the inconvenience.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------

Yooperbacker

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Today I received the Roku Tv Wireless Speakers and I checked to see if there was an update and it said I was up to date.  I clicked on Check for Updates anyway and a box came up and ask me if I wanted to install the new version update.  I told it yes and it updated.  Even though it said I was updated the new update hadn't been installed yet until I told it to check for an update.  I wonder if the OP told it to check for an update anyway even though it said it was up to date.

maguirlj

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Got my Speakers today.  I connected them to a TCL ROKU TV first attempt at pairing failed but just retried it and worked fine.  The sound is very nice better than I expected.  The intergration is great.  Are there any online user guides?

adamkaz

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 am

Got my speakers this weekend. Pairing failed on the first attempt and then went through on the second attempt. 

When starting the TV, each time, the speakers take about a minute to fully pair and be ready which is pretty annoying. 

I was excited about the bluetooth feature, but every time I've tried playing audio using my phone, the TV freezes and eventually reboots.

The sound is actually better than I expected, but the software seems pretty buggy still. Hoping these issues get addressed or I will likely be returning them.

disallowed

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Hello all- Well I received the speakers a couple of days ago and they paired fast and sound great. I have however come across a couple of delay problems. it's having to ''load'' each app when changing from one to another i.e. youtube to hulu and vice versa, it's taking up to a full minute to load. Even stranger, when I play my classic NES it has about an 1/2 sec delay from the controller to the screen rendering it unplayable. Is there some built in delay in the system to make up for the Bluetooth lag that's effecting everything. Any thoughts on the subject?
I have the hisense 50h4d    build date 6/17

Thanks 
BB

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
Topic Author

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 am

disallowed wrote:
Hello all- Well I received the speakers a couple of days ago and they paired fast and sound great. I have however come across a couple of delay problems. it's having to ''load'' each app when changing from one to another i.e. youtube to hulu and vice versa, it's taking up to a full minute to load. Even stranger, when I play my classic NES it has about an 1/2 sec delay from the controller to the screen rendering it unplayable. Is there some built in delay in the system to make up for the Bluetooth lag that's effecting everything. Any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks 
BB

Try this.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------

Reckoning

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:01 pm

All the sudden I don't get stereo sound. I reset the speakers, they pair it does a sound check and I get sound from left then right but when I do a test by saying test speakers it says left and right from same speaker.
Watch a show and only one speaker gives sound.
Also the sound now cuts off at times.

It says updating speaker software then fails in updating. How do I force a update of the speakers?

Also is there a support phone number?

TBDave

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 pm

I just set-up my Roku Speakers and they're working fine.  Except for the HDMI 3 (ARC) input.  I can't get any audio on that input.  When I hit the * button to open Options the Sound Mode is greyed-out and I can't select it.

It was working fine before, when I had my TV hooked up to a receiver (using a digital audio cable).  And it works when I turn on the TV's speakers.  But when I use the Wireless Speakers, I don't get any audio.   I've also tried changing input devices, and rebooting my TV.  Nothing seems to fix it.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

My TV is the TCL 55S517.

TBDave

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:25 pm

I found the problem.  Roku Wireless Speakers don't support Game Mode in the Advanced Picture Settings.  When I turned off Game Mode, the Speakers started working.

Will you be adding support for Game Mode in the future?  Or is that something that's completely incompatible with the speakers?

TBDave

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:59 pm

One more question.  Is it possible to remove the Bluetooth Channel?  I don't see a removal option?

I try to keep my Home Page nice and tidy.  And I don't want an unused button taking up space.

disallowed

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:45 am

RokuShawnS wrote:
disallowed wrote:

Thanks 
BB

Try this.

Worked Perfect, Thank you.