Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TBDave

Re: [Official] RokuTV Wireless Speakers Discussion & Feedback

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:45 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
disallowed wrote:
when I play my classic NES it has about an 1/2 sec delay from the controller to the screen rendering it unplayable. Is there some built in delay in the system to make up for the Bluetooth lag that's effecting everything. Any thoughts on the subject?

Try this.

I'm having the same problem with my Xbox.  There's a lag when using the Wireless Speakers which makes the game unplayable.  When I activate Game Mode, the Wireless Speakers turn off.  The only way to play Xbox is to switch to the TV's speakers.

The linked Support Page doesn't mention that Game Mode is incompatible with the Wireless Speakers.  Am I doing something wrong?

disallowed

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:34 pm

TBDave wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:
disallowed wrote:
when I play my classic NES it has about an 1/2 sec delay from the controller to the screen rendering it unplayable. Is there some built in delay in the system to make up for the Bluetooth lag that's effecting everything. Any thoughts on the subject?

Try this.

I'm having the same problem with my Xbox.  There's a lag when using the Wireless Speakers which makes the game unplayable.  When I activate Game Mode, the Wireless Speakers turn off.  The only way to play Xbox is to switch to the TV's speakers.

The linked Support Page doesn't mention that Game Mode is incompatible with the Wireless Speakers.  Am I doing something wrong?

Turning on game mode worked on mine and the speakers still played, One thing I did do before hooking up the speakers initially was force an update, you might try that if you haven't already.
I'm running 8.2.2 now

TBDave

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:55 pm

disallowed wrote:
Turning on game mode worked on mine and the speakers still played, One thing I did do before hooking up the speakers initially was force an update, you might try that if you haven't already.
I'm running 8.2.2 now

Thanks for the info.  I checked and I was on 8.2.0.  I ran the update to 8.2.2, and the speakers now work correctly in Game Mode.  I appreciate the help.

kfarkle

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:08 pm

We received our wireless speakers on 11/20 and have had no luck getting them to pair properly.  Only one speaker will pair, the other can get to step 3 and start to download sometimes before the 'software update unsuccessful' error shuts it down.  Three sessions with tech support have failed, but not from lack of effort.  Unfortunately, it's looking to me like they will have to be returned if we can't find a fix soon.  Outside of hearing something back from tech support, this seems like our last chance. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has an idea or similar issue that might have been resolved.

Thanks,
Kurt

Insignia Roku tv 7301x
TP Link router archer c9

Kanyon21

Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm

I have a Roku TV 6114X as well as the Roku TV Wireless speakers. I have been having a weird issue with my wireless set up and speakers for the last week or so. 

I had my Roku TV wired directly into my router since we first bought it with only having it on wireless a few times. Recently, I rearranged my living room and the TV is now wirelessly connected. I have two other Rokus (TV and Roku 4) in places that do not receive as good as a signal and they do not have any issues.

When watching any channel or show, the sound will start by playing through the wireless speakers. After 10-15 minutes of playing through there perfectly, it will suddenly go quiet and, after 20 seconds, will switch to the tv's speakers instead of the wireless speakers. It will then begin switching back and forth between the speaker options. It will then lose wireless connection and say that it cannot connect to the internet. I then check my connection and it says that I do not have any connection but I actually do (it does not show "Not Connected" instead of the time and as soon as I click Okay, it says I am connected). It does it again and again unless I restart the whole system (one time I had to do a factory reset). I have had to do this every day for the past week. I have no other issues with my 2 other roku (TV and Roku 4) on the same connection. Also, it always starts first with the speakers acting funky before the wireless issues pop up. Any information would be helpful.

AnaheimSkip

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:54 pm

Got my speakers and set them up. Sound quality is great, but one hiccup.

My Spectrum remote no longer can control the volume. I programmed it for the Insignia TV. It turns the TV on and off fine. However, volume control does not work. Any idea what I need to do. Used to easily be able to control volume between Spectrim remote, Roku remote and my Apple TV remote.

Please help.

AnaheimSkip

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:58 am

In regards to my above post, one thing I may need is an audio device code for the speakers. Trying to figure out which manufacturer might work with the speakers.

billn27

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Hello, has anyone found a way to use both Optical out *and* the Roku speakers at the same time?  I can get output from one (Settings->Audio->S/PDIF and ARC = Dolby D, DTS) or the other (Wireless speakers Enabled), but not both at the same time.   [I am currently using only one wireless speaker as the 2nd won't pair and I'm still waiting to hear back from Roku about exchanging it]. 

kfarkle

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:26 am

Checked this morning and saw there was a build update downloaded last night and gave the speakers another try at pairing.  Still could not get this one speaker beyond step 3, the software update is unsuccessful.  Decided to give tech support one more try and see what happens as I've been planning to just return them.   Problem is that just pairing one speaker sounds so much better than the tv speakers, the speech clarity and leveling are a huge improvement for us.

Since this has been ongoing the gentleman that handled the call reviewed some things, had me give the setup another try and determined the speakers should be replaced.  They will send replacements and a shipping label for the return.  That's the kind of support I'd hoped for, been a good experience working with them to resolve this.

Thanks,
Kurt

kfarkle

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Replacement speaker package arrived today, they are now both paired and working very well.  Initially I replaced the speakers, rebooted the tv and started the setup. It download the update and finished the setup, but only one speaker was working.  Seems the tv knew we had been using our one good speaker, it only needed one more.  Had to do the quick tv settings reset, not the deep factory reset to get the tv back to square one.  Started the speaker setup again after refreshing everything and it completed the setup correctly.

This is a pretty barebone system, 43" insignia and small sony dvd player.  Wasn't sure if the dvd player would work with the new speakers, just using old rca cables to connect with the tv. Seems to work fine, these speakers work like a champ in our small area.  Thank you, Roku support!

Best,
Kurt

disallowed

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 am

Still loving the speakers, they just work and best of all my wife does as well. she never liked any other systems we've had due to too many remotes, confusing receivers (you know the story). 
 This would be a perfect setup if you guys came out with a small sub that would work this system, do you guys have anything like this in the works?
Thanks.

Namaah

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:08 am

I currently own a ZVox AccuVoice AV203 sound bar. The sound bar is meant to help people who are hearing impared understand dialogue on the TV better. Very much like the "speech clarity" setting on the Roku TV, but much much better. No offense Roku, it's a great feature, but the sound bar does it much better. Anywho, I just got the wireless speakers in and set them up. They sound great, but I can no longer use/hear my sound bar which is plugged in to the optical port. I have since unplugged the wireless speakers in order to continue using the sound bar. I will likely return the speakers unless a solution can be found.