Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

daveb1470

Re: [Official] RokuTV Wireless Speakers Discussion & Feedback

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello All, I received my first set of Roku speakers about a month ago and they installed easily and sound great! My issue is that I want to pair a second set of speakers with the same television. I understand that you are unable to do this at this time. Is there a chance this could change? I don't want to return the second pair that I received. I would just like to be able to use them as rear speakers, basically. Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

sanzanobi

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi there,

We just purchased the Roku wireless speakers and a 2018 TCL Roku TV. Love the set up, but is there a way to use both the wireless speakers
and the television speakers at the same time? Thanks in advance for any help board members can provide.

dmeaves000

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:36 pm

I've been enjoying the pair of wireless speakers.  Since it's my main music device now I'm wondering if you can add more than two speakers to increase coverage?  Can you buy additional speakers without getting the bundle with the extra remotes?

RokuTannerDB

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 am

Hi there! 

Thanks for all the great questions here. Currently, one pair of Roku TV Wireless speakers can be used with each Roku TV. When using Roku TV Wireless Speakers, your TV's internal speakers will be disabled. We have some helpful FAQs and more information about the features and specifications of the speakers on our website here: https://support.roku.com/article/360006291054-what-are-roku-tv-wireless-speakers- I'll be sure to pass along your other feedback and suggestions to the team for future consideration. 

If you're running into any issue with your speakers or need more help from our team, feel free to get in touch with us here: https://support.roku.com/contactus
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

keithc87

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 am

Hey everyone,

I got the Roku wireless speakers around when they were released. Set up was a breeze and sound quality is good for the price point. I did experience some playback issues, primarily clicking and popping. I did a bunch of the online troubleshooting, aside from moving the router and switch router frequency (5ghz instead of 2.4) and spoke with a Representative and the end result was getting a new pair of speakers.

The new pair came in and the popping is still present. I thought it was the TCL Roku TV but I streamed several different channels with no issue. I decided to get some new cables and moved the router further away from the speakers; unfortunately, the issue is still present. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced these playback issues and, if so, were you able to fix it and how.

Thanks in advance!

Supra_A60

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 pm

keithc87 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I got the Roku wireless speakers around when they were released.  Set up was a breeze and sound quality is good for the price point.  I did experience some playback issues, primarily clicking and popping.  I did a bunch of the online troubleshooting, aside from moving the router and switch router frequency (5ghz instead of 2.4) and spoke with a Representative and the end result was getting a new pair of speakers.

The new pair came in and the popping is still present.  I thought it was the TCL Roku TV but I streamed several different channels with no issue.  I decided to get some new cables and moved the router further away from the speakers; unfortunately, the issue is still present.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced these playback issues and, if so, were you able to fix it and how.

Thanks in advance!

Could still be a bad pair, third time could be a charm.  Replace it if it's still under warranty.

dart4teen

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 pm

I've had my Roku TV Wireless Speakers for a week now, connected to a TCL Roku TV (55P605). Since connection, all audio from Antenna TV and streaming apps has taken on a harsh tone, with excessive sibilance/too much treble. I tried disabling the Speakers and hooking up my previous soundbar (a simple 2.1 unit via optical audio) ... and the problem persisted. 

I never noticed this harsh tone with my previous bar, which I've had for years. I also connected a completely different bar via optical and observed the same issue. I've tried rebooting the TV and Speakers, as well as factory-resetting the TV and Speakers and then and re-pairing the Speakers. 

I have a ticket in with Roku Support and they're investigating. Has anyone else noticed audio harshness like this? Any thoughts on a resolution?

Thanks!

piperd43

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm

If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it. I bought a refurbished 2018 Roku TCL 4K Smart tv.I bought wireless headsets and it said I need Roku speakers and a bluetooth speaker. I purchased them and the came today. I installed them and followed the instructions and the speaker would not sink I tried four more times trying to set them up. I factory reset them and moved them closer to the tv.. I have been unable to get past step one. I googled why they wont pair and it said that I needed the 8.2.2 update. I only have the 8.2.0 I have seen others that have had success even though they have 8.2.0 Should I wait for 8.2.2 in Nov, or should I return my speakers. If you have any suggestion on how to pair them I'm all ears.