Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cosmoxl

Re: Roku OS 9 / Dolby fail?

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:09 pm

I have a 4640x with 9.0.0 build 4084-29.

It's connected via HDMI to a receiver, then to TV.

The only problem I'm seeing is when trying to output Atmos from Amazon Video.  Sometimes it glitches and there's no audio.  Rewinding a bit will usually get it to output audio again but sometimes I have to do that several times.

Output of regular DD+ from Amazon or Netflix works perfectly.

alien2108

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:07 am

I can confirm this issue on LG OLED55C8 connected to Denon AVR. Everything was working flawlessly before 9.0 upgrade.

I tracked the issue down to DD+! Meaning if you switch to DD/DTR (without plus) on Roku, it works again! I am using ARC to send audio back to AVR.

DD+ works without an issue from LG and worked from Roku before this upgrade.

Neutrophil

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:36 am

RokuDale wrote:
For all users that are getting the "No audio at all" problem when trying to play DD or DD+, please either post your specific equipment and connection details, or pm the to me.
I need model of TV, model of AVR, model of Roku, ARC or SPDIF?, And describe the connections between the components.
I also need to know if you have chosen a particular digital audio out setting, and what that setting is.
Make sure you have not enabled any Volume Mode, (Night or Levelling).

thanks for your patience and help in this.
RokuDale

Sony Bravia KDL-43W756CSU
Roku Streaming Stick + connected to TV via HDMI
TV connected to Yamaha YAS-207 soundbar via HDMI ARC
Digital Out is set on DD/DTS
Getting no DD or DTS sound passthrough from Amazon Video, Plex or any other streaming app.

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Make sure you do not have any of the Volume modes like Night listening or volume leveling turned on. Currently those prevent dolby pass thru from working,

cripp0

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:12 pm

How do you turn these off on ROKU 3 box please @Rokudale??
Cheers and Happy Christmas in advance.

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:04 pm

It appears to me, at least on my Roku-3 that volume leveling or night listening mode are not available in 9.0, so it should be off already for the Roku 3.

xxx4reggie

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:51 pm

For me, the volume leveling and night modes are off, no difference, same issue.

steve841
Topic Author

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:53 pm

@rokudale ...  what's the response to the trouble ticket?   Are we all making this up or are they actually doing something?

RokuDale
Roku Engineering

Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 pm

It is still being looked into.

Hollada

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:36 am

RokuDale wrote:
Make sure you do not have any of the Volume modes like Night listening or volume leveling turned on. Currently those prevent dolby pass thru from working,

Where can these items be checked at? I can’t find them.

Hollada

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:41 am

Same issue. Only getting stereo.

Streaming stick plugged directly into onkyo AVR. AVR is D+ capable. I can watch prime on xfinity and get 5.1, when I watch the same prime video on Roku only get stereo. Same for all Roku services.

Roku audio on auto shows D+,DTS.

cripp0

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 am

This is getting beyond a joke now with ROKU, past 3 weeks since the update and we're all still having this issue. An absolute shambles of a company. Look at the likes of Samsung, Apple etc... they do PROPER back testing, to confirm no issues during roll over and if they have, the update is made next day. This is bordering on ridiculous what's going on here, i'm bitterly disappointed that I put all my eggs in one basket and bought 3x ROKU devices. Very unhappy customer :-(
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

chicagohusky

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:09 pm

cripp0 wrote:
This is getting beyond a joke now with ROKU, past 3 weeks since the update and we're all still having this issue. An absolute shambles of a company. Look at the likes of Samsung, Apple etc... they do PROPER back testing, to confirm no issues during roll over and if they have, the update is made next day. This is bordering on ridiculous what's going on here, i'm bitterly disappointed that I put all my eggs in one basket and bought 3x ROKU devices. Very unhappy customer :-(
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

Leave Roku. I'm serious. I bought a Roku 4 Ultra a couple years ago for the better performance. My Roku 3 was awesome. But my Roku 4 was absolute crap. Audio sync issues in every single app. I waited 6+ months for a fix and nothing. I came back just for a laugh to see if it was still an issue? Looks like its done nothing but get worse. HA!

Glad I got my nVidia Shield. It just works. Gigabit NIC too!

cripp0

Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:21 pm

I think you're right chicagohusky, starting to think that they are like Apple, making mods so that certain units wont work, so you have to upgrade. All about the money, not the customer service, just a bunch of thieves!
I've left messages on FB Messenger, on their FB wall and no response, total and utter garbage of a company! :-(

RokuTannerD

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi everyone! 

Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us here. The team is actively investigating these reports. We’ll reach out via PM for any additional details we may need. 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager