Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikepfly2
Topic Author

Stop Roku Ultra from Changing Resolution back to Auto Detect

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:12 pm

I set my new Roku Ultra to be 4k HDR 30hz, which works fine. If I set it to auto detect it flashes black sporadically (mostly when watching Netflix or Hulu). Reading on the forum suggested I manually set the display type which seemed to fix the annoying flicker. Now, every so often when I want to use the Roku I'm prompted that the Roku is resetting the resolution back to Auto. I don't think it has to do with the programming because it pops up right when I start Roku, I didn't choose a non-4k show or anything. I don't want it on Auto, if I did, I would choose that setting. 

It's a minor annoyance for me as I know how to change it but when guests are over or, if my wife wants to use the Roku, I cannot have them needing to go to settings every time to avoid the flicker issue.  Is there anyway to just leave the Roku display setting as-is?  Could it be some handshake issue with my receiver that is prompting the reset resolution request? I'll plug the roku directly into the TV and see if the setting asks to be changed but I don't want that to be the long term solution.  I just want the Roku to keep the setting I selected. 

TV: LG OLED55B6P
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR747
Cables are HDCP 2.2 high quality HDMIs