Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

lipwak
Topic Author

Roku 3, DirecTV Now and color level

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi,

I have a Roku 3 (4200X, 8.1.0 build 4145-04, bought in 2014) that I am using to watch DirecTV Now with., giving it a one week trial. I also have DirecTV coming from their Genie2, HS17-100 & Genie Mini, CS51-500. The tv is a Dynex DX-24L150A11. It has two HDMI inputs.

Comparing the picture quality of DirecTV Now and DirecTV feeds I looked at both of the inputs of the tv set in all picture modes. For an unknown reason, I cannot adjust the color setting of the input that has the Roku on it. (I've switched them to see if it was due to a limitation of one input. It happens no matter what is plugged into either input.)

For the Roku, the color level is set to 50 on the Roku and cannot be adjusted in any of the modes. It can be adjusted for the DirecTV input and is on 70 now. Why is that?

I have also switched cables and the same thing happens.

Is this a limitation of the Roku or is there something else going on. Will a newer Roku solve this problem? The only other difference I can see between the DirecTV feed and the DirecTV Now feed is that the DirecTV feed is 1080i whereas the DirecTV Now feed is 1080p. Would that be why I can't change the DirecTV Now feed?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

John