If you've got an Enhanced Remote that features IR control of the TV power/volume, and you'd rather have the volume buttons control an AVR, give this a try:
- Let the Enhanced Remote pair normally, including controlling TV volume
- Go into the Platform Secret Screen: Home x5, FWD, PLAY, REW, PLAY, FWD
- Go into RF Remote Menu
- Go into IR transmit menu
- Go into Universal CEC Menu...
- Select Use CEC instead of IR (and update remo...
- Verify that the volume buttons now control the AVR instead of the TV, and verify that the power button can still turn the TV on/off