Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

michaeljoiner
Topic Author

Roku Ultra Keeps Going to Home Screen when Clicking Random Remote Buttons

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi everyone, looking for some troubleshooting tips here, but I'm seriously considering taking the Roku Ulta back at this point. We've had our Roku Ultra for about 2 weeks now, and from day 1, we will be navigating an app (YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and clicking buttons on the remote like Up, Down, Left or Right to navigate the app's menu, and randomly, one of these buttons will take us out of the app and back to the Home screen. I've tried restarting the Roku, factory resetting the Roku, checking for system updates, changing the remote batteries, but the issue persists. Has anyone else encountered this? Any workarounds or tips for resolving this, or did I possibly get a faulty remote or streaming box?

atc98092

Re: Roku Ultra Keeps Going to Home Screen when Clicking Random Remote Buttons

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:27 pm

You might try downloading the Roku app for your phone or tablet and try controlling it with that. If it still occurs, then it's the box. If not, then it's the remote. My guess would be the remote. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (2016), and Ultra (2016), Insignia Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network. Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, CenturyLink DSL